Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

It's been great so far

H2YAMYK, 11/27/2002
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Only about 8K on the clock, but no real problems yet. A few times now, the A/C blows warm for some reason but it's rare. There is some valve noise with this engine that some one else here is concerned about. I believe it to be normal. Some engines make more noise than others. Power is fantastic. Ride is decent. Pretty bumpy on these L.A. freeways, but the towing/hauling capacity beats Fords flat out. I compared to F250 and this 1500HD is superior in just about every way in terms of utility. Comparing this truck to the F150 4-door was a no brainer - The F150 5 foot bed was a big deterrent as I use this truck for motorcycles, etc.

I DO NOT LIKE THE ENGINE

lwidg, 12/01/2002
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE TRUCK ENGINE HAS A VIBRATION THEY CANT OR WILL NOT GET OUT. FOR THAT REASON I AM DISATISFIED.

In Love with Our Truck

cdbaran, 07/25/2003
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

From the get-go my boyfriend and I have been thrilled with this truck. The initial purchase (over the phone-sight unseen) to 20k/m later this truck has exceeded our expectations. Mechanically nothing has gone wrong, though we are fenatics about maintenance. Don't get me wrong, this truck does work (long road trips, boats and tons of SCUBA gear) and even then it is more comfortable than our other vehicle (Audi A6).

Pleased with purchase

lancelot91, 11/30/2003
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned alot of chevy trucks and I must say this is the best one yet. Upgraded to the 1500 HD to pull 7300lb boat. Lots of power and great stance. Stable ride while pulling heavy loads long distances. Also has excellant braking with a firm pedal. Roomy interior and friends enjoy the rear console and cup holders. Can't complain. Will definitly trade for another one in the future.

4 Dr LT 4WD Crew Cab SB HD

dakota_tech, 01/04/2004
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a lot of truck but it does have its flaws. Given there is limited availability for full four door trucks from GM this is the best option besides an Avalanche. Overall the truck is a joy to drive with “plenty of power”. The interior is awesome with as many features as a luxury car. The only complaint is the tapping in the engine. This noise Called "piston slap" usually is only noticeable for the first 30 sec to a minute until the engine warms. I have an 84 Ford F150 with 177K miles with the same problem, knocks when it starts then quits. Every mechanic I talk to says engine tapping is just part of owning a Chevy.

12345...8