Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

1500HD Crew

Mark Bucher, 02/18/2018
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best truck I've ever owned. It's been from Alaska to Florida towing a 17' travel trailer. All over North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin pulling a 16.5' Lund Mr. Pike chasing walleyes. I now live in Missouri and am starting to think about trading it in or selling it. There is nothing this truck won't tow. Pulling my toys I've cruised at 75 MPH and never knew anything was behind me. Aside for routine maintenance, never had a problem with it.

What A Great Chevy 1500HD truck!!!!

Lee R, 02/19/2020
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this ‘02 new in ‘01. What a great truck! I haul wood, hunt, pull travel trailers, car hauler trailers and farm tractors. There is nothing this 6.0 liter can’t do. 225,000 miles later, the only thing I have replaced is the transfer case at 75k miles. Regular oil changes with Chevron Supreme 5w30 conventional oil. I think this truck, motor and transmission will continue to work for me. Got the 6.0 liter with 4:10 rear end. I get 14 to 15 mpg and I’m not complaining. This truck is great! Thank you Chevrolet.

Best truck I've owned

Randy, 01/25/2010
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck new in September 2001. Towed travel trailer thru 40 plus states and most of Canada. Developed the startup knock on first trip to Nova Scotia. Chevrolet gave me the 100K engine warranty. Still has the startup knock but obviously has not affected the engine. Replaced the spark plugs, alternator, battery and water pump. Still has original brakes, front and back. Recently developed the ABS brake light problem, apparently caused by a bad relay in the ABS module (not caused by bad body ground). ABS is still operational when ABS and Brake warning lights are on. Has had minor steering column rattle since new. dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix it. Otherwise, very happy with it.

Only a Chevy for the workin man

BOWTIE-ALLTHEWAY, 02/13/2008
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my 1500 hd for a few months and have had only one thing go wrong at that is the 4L80-E trans.I have put just over 12000 miles on my truck and the trans is bad but not a big deal to me any way when you use a truck like you should your gona have stuff go bad but other than that this is the best chevy I've ever had (just so ya'll know this will be the 10th Chevy I have bought in five years and would not even think about geting a Ford or a Dodge)

Pleased Owner

R. Colonna, 02/13/2003
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It's been a great truck. 25,000 miles in the first year and it hasn't been to the shop once. It hauls great. Does it ride a little rough? Sure, its an HD. Does it get great gas mileage? 14 MPG, not bad for having 3.73 rear end.

12345...8