Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Last of the big two door sports car
By Jay

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic hwy vehicle. Good feel for the road. Great fun on twisty mountain roads. Really grips the road. I routinely blew away BMWs on the curves. Excellent storage with the back seats folding down. Enough room for skis or bicycle

Overall nice car
By Tyler

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A joy to drive...comfortable even for me at 6ft 6 inch

You don't meet yourself every day!
By Delaine Booth

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My "02 Monte Carlo SS was two years old when I bought it. I'm an old school hot rodder, with the need for comfort. This car has taken me all over the east coast. It has never let me down, ever. The back seat lays down and has made for some fine sleeping in Key West and worked well as a spare room the night before going to the Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The acceleration is surprising for the engine size. When I start to pass, consider it done. Wouldn't mind finding another with low mileage. Fourteen years and still fine.

Worst Car Ever to Come Out of GM
By A Lifetime Chevy Fan

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the worst ever to wear the Chevy bowtie. Shame on GM for releasing such a POS to an unsuspecting public. This car literally went to hell in the short time I owned it (and my maintenance was second-to-none, so it didn't even help). During the time I owned it, I ended up having major problems with the 3800 V6 engine, transmission, struts, catalytic converter, wheel bearings, plus a myriad of other little problems, including poor body/trim integrity. After my experience, I will never again buy a General motors product. It's no wonder they are in the shape they are in. If you are thinking of buying a Monte Carlo (any year post 2000), you had better think again because it will destroy your wallet. I have since gone to Ford because they make a car that is light-years better in reliability than anything offered by GM. Update: my 2009 Ford Mustang has continued to provide reliable service and has been in the shop only for maintenance. Buying Ford was the best decision I ever made. I understand the new GM cars have improved. I would certainly hope so!!!

Love My Yellow Monti...
By Neena

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great to drive even as short as I am. The seats adjust very well. It also as great pick up. I have duel pipes with pipes on it, its loud and tinted windows. I am wanting strips. It catches alot of people eye, Men manly. They think its odd that a woman is driving, especially the way I handle a car. Been best if it had a 5-speed, I would be in love. And at 140k miles its runs excellent...