Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu Maxx for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...30

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

I love this car!

KJP, 10/11/2010
LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 8800 miles on it. It now has over 135,000 miles and is still going strong! This is the most reliable car I've ever owned! I get great gas mileage and it is comfortable to drive! I drive 120 miles round trip M-F to work and back. This car is very roomy and practical! I love the hatchback and the fact that the seats fold down. I can haul TONS in this car! This car accelerates quickly and stops fast. Blind spots are limited so seeing out the windows is easy. There is really nothing I can say negatively about this car!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Bring it Back

daisydal14, 04/03/2014
LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new and only have 93,000 miles on it. I have been hit once in the left rear quarter panel and had it repaired back to new! I was getting 37mpg on the freeway for the first few yeas but I am still getting 35mpg today. In town is not so great. I absolutely love this car! I really enjoy driving it either around town or on the freeway. Still has great acceleration. Have only replaced thermostat, serpentine belt and brakes and a spring. Muffler has a small hole in it which is not surprising - in Wisconsin. Everything still works (knock on wood). The remote fob broke but I am getting it fixed at a jewelers as it needs to be soldered.

2.13 out of 5 stars

LAWSUIT IN THE MAKING????

amberdawn, 01/04/2013
LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Jan. 2010 I was pregnant with my 3rd child, and also dealing with the death of my mother. I needed a car that was reliable and safe for my kids. I loved how the car was small enough for me, but roomy enough for the kids. Test drive went great. Got the car home and seat broke, handles on seats broke, gas leak made baby very sick, power locks possessed, power steering freezes at times, cruise control works when it wants, horn honks randomly but not when its needed, CD ate my CD's and refuses to give them back, seat belts, brakes, wheels, etc. Seems to me that someone was extremely doped up when they built this car. Unsafe! Unfair to us consumers with high maint. bills. [non-permissible content removed]

3.13 out of 5 stars

So many things to say...

christiehall, 11/28/2012
LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Where to start? I bought this car from a used car lot in October 2011, with just over 100,000 miles for $6,500. The seat frame needed to be welded, and the other side did later. The water filter needed replacing, the belt broke in November 2011, left front wheel bearing broke in January 2012, air conditioner broke in May 2012, right front wheel bearing, spindle, hub cap, and others melted together in November 2012, as well as left front wheel bearing breaking again, back seat handle is broke, two remotes, CD player is jammed, shakes when braking, cruise control half works, etc. etc. Bad car, don't buy!

5 out of 5 stars

An update on My Maxxy

Sean 418, 05/06/2009
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

People write about their car generally within the first few months of ownership. I had written about this car previously. Well and update, I have had the car 4 years and love it. The head rest is a little stiff unlike my 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix or 2000 Olds Intrigue, but I love this vehicle. It has excellent acceleration. Has held up very well. I am very pleased with my purchase, still 4 years later.

12345...30