Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews

Used Lumina for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

I want a new car!!!!

luminassuck, 09/20/2009

I bought my lumina in October 2008 and I have already had an oil and radiator leak. The gas mileage is horrible, it's a very loud car with no power and it seems every time I go and get my oil changed they tell me another thing wrong with it. The interior is falling apart and on a rainy day the interior fogs up horribly, even with defrost on. I hate my car.

Awesome beginner drivers car

mattfischel, 02/08/2009

This is a good great car for beginning drivers. A little tough to parallel park. It's a great car in the snow, also fun to drive in the snow on a with no traffic.

A solid but very basic car

CarLuva, 03/23/2009

The lifters started sticking when the engine was cold around 60K, but other than making quite a racket, there was no negative effect. Most of the work I had done was routine maintenance (battery, alternator, turn signal switch). Around 90K, it started having some more serious problems (the most expensive was a leaky intake manifold gasket), but nothing terribly out of the ordinary. The 3.1L V6 had adequate power, and the automatic transmission was reasonably responsive. The biggest shortcoming of the car was interior build quality: Both sunvisor clips and one cupholder broke under normal use. Gas mileage was very good for such a big car: I got 27 MPG highway going about 75 MPH.

Thought GM is always bad

YM, 04/19/2009

I'm a student a got this Lumina for $1500. It has high mileage 180000+ but runs great. A lot of power, very reliable, with reasonable gas mileage. I bought it Sep 2008 used for more than 10 years. Bought for winter and thought that I'll have to leave for parts after that. It still runs great and I decided to keep it, nothing changes except battery.

Very Reliable

Josh, 10/22/2009

I purchased the car when it had 141,000 and it now has 156,000 The car is great. The engine and ride are both smooth and it is steady at 20 MPG. The only thing I would change is the turning radius. It can be a pain but, overall the car is the best I've ever owned.I wish they were still making them.

12345...14