Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews

Used Lumina for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

I love this car

Michael S. Terrell, 06/02/2010

There is nothing wrong with our lumina, yeah she has had a few engine mishaps in her time but we drive her all the time. She's 12 years old and over 170,000 miles but still runs great. I don't need her for speed just get me where I'm going. Great on gas for long distances. Drove her from NY to Texas, then to California a few times, Arizona also. My wife wants an rv, that's fine. I plan on a new Chevy Lumina someday. She needs a wash and wax, and in/out cleaning but still looks great, rides great. Boo yahh!

Under rated car

lumina owner, 02/02/2006

This is my fourth Lumina, 2 90's, one 95 and now the 98. They have all been great vehicles, very cheap to up keep as long as you maintain the vehicle properly, they are cheap to buy and find that they are more comfortable than most cars on the road, fuel mileage has been great with all of the vehicles, the interior is spacious but kind of bland but thats why the aftermarket world exists. I really don't like Chevrolet but this model name is the only one I will buy from them, it's too bad they stopped making them in North America. If your buying the car with the intent to fix it up or modify it, it has a lot of parts available in the aftermarket but you do have to search for them.

Excellent Car

mellibean, 08/16/2004

I bought this car thinking that I would just keep a year or two. It was a used car, but I love it. I usually drove Dodge vehicles and just lost my Stratus to a bad car accident. I have to say this car is wonderful. I intially thought it was a "Old lady" car. But its sharp even at its age. I have to say I lucked out it only had 15000 miles on it upon purchasing it. I think its a very sharp car. It had all the extras and even the rims are cool. I have had other Lumina owners say "wow" I wish I had all those options. It looks more like a Monte Carlo on the inside and it mentions that on the orignal sticker and the title.

Best car I've ever owned

KD, 04/13/2006

I've always had cars that were poor mechanically. This car has been awesome. I have done nothing to the engine except replace the spark plugs and change the oil. I replaced the gas tank and general maintenance. It's comfortable to drive but now with 146000 miles on it, it's starting to show its age. I don't get much power going up hills anymore. I'm going to be sad to see her go. There won't be another one like it out there as trouble free as this was.

Very reliable automobile.

Lee Mullican, 03/15/2007

I purchased this car in April of 2001 with 28000 miles and it has been as reliable as one would want. I had the AC compressor replaced at 45000 and sans the typical maintenance this car has been a dream. Pickup is very good, handles bad weather (snow/rain) well and fuel economy is a solid 20MPG. My only issue with this is the steering ratio is really short.

12345...14