Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews

Used Lumina for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Best cars built

joe boxer, 06/22/2007

This has got to be the best car ever built. My '98 Lumina has 430,000 plus miles on it and I’ve done only routine maintenance repairs on it. The car drives like new yet, the power the 3100 v-6 makes. The passing power the ride. All are awesome yet.

Boaty-

NickoSweetConfidence, 11/07/2009

I bought my Lumina from my boyfriends mom in November of 2008. It had 180,000 miles when I got it, now has 215,000. I'm the second owner. I have had to fix some minor issues here and there but the car is amazing. Takes it like i give it. I have no disappointments in the way it drives or handles. Incredibly reliable. Gas mileage is pretty good, without sacrificing power, which is great with today's economy. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a roomy, comfortable, reliable vehicle.

First And Only Car

eschaefer1, 11/29/2011

Love this car, I got it as a 16th birthday gift from my mother, it had 150k miles on it and it now has 167k miles. put new battery, serpentine belt and all new pumps, plugs, and wires in it along with new intake manifold gaskets ($400-$600) and new Moda MD9 Rims. easily maintainable except for battery removal, which is a pain to get out. only major problem in whole car is small rust spot under gas cap, couple dents on fenders and rack and pinion needs replaced ($400-$800) depending on where you go. after 12 years thats amazing to me, even after i ditched it, which didnt seem to phase it internally. 100% recommended to anyone wanting a cheap, affordable gas sipping (21-32MPG) 4 door sedan.

The Car That Won't Quit

QueenFancyPants, 10/27/2008

I received my Lumina, from my aunty a while back. She gave it to me when she got a new car. The Lumina is a great car. It's great on fuel mileage, reliable and very comfortable. I'm 5'6'' and I can easily get comfortable in the drivers seat. Power is instant and I can hardly resist the sound of the 3.1 V6. The car has over 140,000 miles on it and the transmission shifts from first to fourth since it's failing. Other than that, this car is perfect. I love the interior and exterior and it's a shame that Chevy stopped making Luminas. Reliablity is spot on and I do routine maintenence myself. It's the car the won't quit.

reliable, comfortable cruiser

Pete, 11/22/2009

Bought this as a used, first car for a new driver due to good crash test ratings. Over the 5 yrs we have had it, I am impressed with the comfortable, quiet ride and high overall reliability and low operating costs.. Highly recommended..

12345...14