Used 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews

$754 - $1,844

Used Lumina for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I Loved It

sscooter, 06/26/2002
Euro 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Lumina for almost 2 years before I could afford to buy mine used. I bought it 3 years old, with 102,000 miles on it. It had been well maintained and I kept that trend. When my daughter got hit by another driver, the car had over 264,000 miles. Still the original engine and transmission. Normal expected maintainence and upkeep, but no major machanical problems. The brakes wore out a little faster than other cars I've had, but that was a characteristic of this model. I had to replace the alternator about every 2 years; thank goodness for Pep Boys lifetime warrenty. I had only paid $4,000 for the car...I definately got my money's worth!

Good, reliable car

ads93, 01/11/2003
Euro 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used in '95 with 63K miles. Had a new 3.1L engine put in due to factory recall that same year. Only routine maintenance was needed. The life of the brakes may have been the only negative, however it wasn't too bad. Got me through college and the first 6 years after graduation.

old Blue

Koots, 03/14/2004
4dr Sedan

Bought car in 93. Replaced head gaskets once. Two water pumps.One rebuilt failed Two crankshaft sensors, one non gm. One ps pump, got one from junk yard. Two rear brake calipers, poor design. One cat converter. Has 206000 miles on it. Drives like new. Very dependable. Rusty rockers.

Little Red

kj2711, 07/23/2004
4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 96 I believe. It had 190,000 miles on it. Just turned 244,800+ miles this week and still going just not as strong as she used to. Gets about 19-20 MPG around town and 27-29 MPG on the highway. No major problems until about 2 years ago but everything that had to be replaced since then was just age. Within the last 2-3 years, I've replaced the heater core, fuel pump, radiator, rack & pinion, power steering pump and water pump. Getting ready to sell it because I'm ready for something newer with lower miles. Still dependable transportation for daily use around town.

My First car

enb74, 03/17/2003
Euro 4dr Sedan

The Lumina was the first car I owned. I purchased it in 97 w125K Miles We drove this car everywhere. From NY to Canada to the South you name it. Great car great performance. Brakes wear is a trend of Lumina but not a big deal. Gas Mileage is decent for a used car. We sadly retire the Car at 276K Miles !! Original engine and trany. GM did a good job with this car and I will forever remember that.