Used 1996 Chevrolet Express Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Express for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GM needs quality control improvement

Kayaker, 09/10/2002
G1500 3dr Van

Mine is a conversion van Mark III so the interior is better than standard.The car is a good road warrior but had the ABS go out at 48k, the a/c rear at 25k, and a drive shaft leaking oil at 27k. Brakes inadequate for such a large vehicle.At 59k, bits and pieces of trim are departing or breaking I echo the concern about vibrating rear view mirrors. Very flimsy side door. I am convinced Chevy could build a better van if they tried. Now that the kids are bigger, next car is a Subaru which will last forever.

Chevy should be ashamed

DadofFour, 10/15/2002
G1500 3dr Van

We have owned this Chevy G1500 conversion van for 16 months. We purchased the vehicle with only 62000 miles. Today the odometer reads 76000 miles. In the past 16 months we have spent $600 to replace the breaks TWICE, $1700 on a new transmission, $700 on the a/c (condensor) and $200 on a water pump. Thats $3200 in 16 months with the fear of more to come.

Greatest family vehicle ever made!

JohnGCarr, 02/24/2007
G1500 3dr Van

I bought this van as an occasional use vehicle for family trips last year with 174k on it. It ran and still does run like brand new. I have the Debut conversion which is extremely comfortable for the whole family. The miles don't bother me in the slightest now as I've seen them with over 300k running smoothly. It looks like brand new both outside and inside and everything works perfectly. Mine has the towing package with 5.7 V8 and still manages to get very decent gas mileage even with 6 or more people and a load in the back. We'll likely have many more years of use out of it and then I'll buy another one :)

great tow vehicle

cooch, 06/24/2003
G2500 3dr Van

purchased new to pull camping trailer. Mechanically very dependable and still runs great after 7 years. Interior fit and finish mediocre. Plastic does not fit cleanly. outside mirrors vibrate.