Used 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette Stingray model:

Vapor trail gray...
By Gray

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

455 HP, 32 MPG hwy, handling, comfort, sharp appearance, performance...what's not to like? My apologies to the Demon owner...I hope you find your doors soon... but I just couldn't help myself...weather mode works well in wet/snow conditions. It’s not all wheel drive, but a stable rear wheel drive platform. Respect the conditions and it will be fine. Can’t beat the handling in warm weather. Wife loves it on long trips...now if there was just a way to recline the passenger seat a bit more ... 😉

Corvette is better than it was in my dreams
By Adrian Chavez

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Everyone thinks it's a chick magnet. Idk I feel like I'm 10 every time I get init. Back when toys and having fun were the most important things in life

Thank you Corvette for fixing interior !
By Chuck W

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I have always loved Corvettes since I was a child. I still remember my father redoing my mom's 1964 Stingray Coupeville which was in 85 and we still own it woth only 82,000 original miles. So I always loved them I have owned probably 10 in my lifetime my newest prior tp my 2014 was a 1996 and I was having hard time to love them that is the newer models. I felt like I was getting cheated with what I paid in my opinion poor quality interior. It's hard to believe they made Cadillac which had nice interior yet Many Vettes had alot of plastic which had many cracked dash from the sun ripped seats from poor quality seats. In 2014 when I realized they were bringing back the Stingray I figured I would at least go check it out it was my favorite body style especially 63-67 and it would be 50 years older than my mom's who had passed away. As soon as I saw the Torch Red wit top down and I thought nice. Now let's see the interior. Boy was I blown away. They finally took the time to make it look like a nice sports car should look like. I purchased it with 6 miles on it and I have nothing but great things to say about it. The ride also has been made so much smoother. Alot of Vettes ride like log wagons and they even give yiu the chance to drive it in 6 different modes which is smooth and safe and if you fill like driving like you stole it you can do that easily. You just put it ittn track mode I'd you really want all she has turn the traction control off ittn track mode. If taking ittnnt to track I would practice take off because I didn't think with big 20 inch rims and tires just turning off track mode would make that big difference man was I wrong Ilit just lites them up and just hang on for the ride. Even with Traction control on yiu stomp gas it will spin a little. I was definitely fooled I had a 2010 2 SS Camaro and it wouldn't even chirp the tires. Maybe I got a lemon. I sold it quickly. It had so much tech that when you stomped the gas it would take half second delay before taking off. The Vette doesn't. Even in economy mode if you stomp gas it will give you power then it doesn't hesitate. Again I am so glad the team at Chevy Corvette finally made a top notch Sports car. I hope other Corvette owners are as happy with theirs as I am mine. Also I'm not trying to bash those other Vettes I just thought Chevy Dropped the ball in certain areas.

very reliable outstanding handling, easy riding,
By bruce richardson

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

be prepared to enjoy the best corvette every buildt

On a first name basis with the dealership!
By D D

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

My 2014 C7 Z51 purchased new (special ordered and waited 5 months for it to be built). Has been such a phomeminally fun car to drive, but from a GM quality expectation, my particular car has been the worst example of reliability and quality I have ever experienced. Within a few weeks of ownership, the radiator began leaking which was replaced. Then the AC stopped working and the entire system had to be replaced. At 8000 miles, the engine had a "castrophic failure" and was replaced. Resulting front end alignment issues continued following the engine replacement. Additionally, the front end suspension was not torked correctly and began to slip against the frame. Leather Material near the front defroster vent lifted up and the entire dash was replaced. The drivers side door interior was replaced due to rattling noises. Vent control knobs rattled and were replaced. The removable top seals were replaced due to squeaking. And now there is a water leak into the trunk and left storage bin, soaking the owners manuals in the bin and the entire trunk carpet. The rear bumper skin has been removed uncovering a gap between the inside and outside rear compartment moldings (was missing a bit of sealant). The dealership is doing some sort of fiberglass repair and reassembling the car. And those were the major issues. I have owned the car for 20 months, and it has been in for service cumlatevely for 3+ months of that time. The dealership has been very accommodating and performing all repair work under warranty. However, I have asked for a GM representative to discuss my disappoint with their quality, and time after time (many requests), the GM consumer line will only create a issue ticket and refer me to the dealership for resolution (like they are reading from a script). Quite honestly, the quality issues are not caused by the dealership, but GM... They built it and that's who I would love to hear from... But so far... Nothing from GM a representative. I have to express my disappointment with GM, their lack of management response regarding my repeated requests, and quite honestly, my excitement for the car has been overshadowed by the seemly endless quality issues with this new vehicle. The cost was over 76k.... I expect more GM! Not because of how much I paid, but because I had placed my trust in the product and the company to build a reliable, quality car. I suppose Car and Driver got a call from a GM representative when their c7 engine failed. I do hope my bad experiences with the C7 is the exception, as the car drives as awesome as it looks... When it's not in service... Ugh!

BTY, as I am writing this, the car again is in service... Again! Going on 3.5 cumulative months sitting at the dealership for repair of some sort.

Update... GM has repurchased my vehicle back under the Florida lemon law. Incredibly unhappy about the overall quality experience with the vehicle and truly hope this was an exception to the overall population of the C7.