Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Happy camper !
By john gomez

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in late 2008. It has 120k miles on it. the only problems I have had with it is the valve cover gasket likes to leak after 2-3 years and the headlights got so foggy I just replaced the assemblies with new ones. I change the gasket myself so thats really not that big an issue. Air conditioning still works great and I still get 34mpg highway. The a/c reduces power on takeoff and lowers gas mileage but thats to be expected on a baby car. I had the timing belt replaced at 80k miles along with the water pump and idler pulleys and the old belt still looked very good. I have been very happy with this car and hope to drive it well over 200k miles.

my wheels
By milly

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love my white Chevy Aveo that i have had for over 5 years. But was told i need a timing belt at a cost of $550 my car drives great but they were changing my oil pan gasket and noticed my belt was starting to fray. I was surprised because my car runs really good.
I have 75000 miles on it. What if i wouldnt have gotten gasket changed i would never have known til it was too late. Not happy about this

A TRUE AMERICAN MADE LEMON
By lemon

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Never buy a chevy aveo , it is a piece of crap!! Had to put a radiator in it , transmission , computer, and now head gasket blown!! Nothing but a waste of money wanna take a baseball bat and beat it to pieces.They really need to take theses lemons off the market.I am extremely disappointed and will never buy a chevy again

This Car Sucks
By cjk67

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this thing used in 2011. It had 24k miles on it at the time. Immediately, the battery had to be replaced. Since then, hoses, water pump, and tires have had to be replaced. The gas cap door has fallen off and the driver's side door lock fell in. A piece of plastic near the rear passenger door fell off. It's the worst freakin' car I've ever owned and that includes the Jaguar that was always in the shop. I will never own another Chevy.

None.

Burn the plans and start all over.

won't buy a chevy again
By lcanfield

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have my aveo for 4 years now and only have 32, 000 miles on it. I have had nothing put issues with this cars electrical system. First my tire pressure light comes on all the time, now I have my oil light come on and off. I was told by the dealer that it is a sensor problem and they cost 257.00. Now my check engine light is on. Of course this is the same problem.
This sensor will cost 357.00. So far I have not fixed them and not sure I will. I will have the car paid off in may of next year, then its so long piece of crap car.

The radio I bought for it.

Fix electrical problems like sensors so people won't have to repair them when the car is only 4 yrs old.