Used 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Avalanche for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great Riding All Purpose Truck

Scott, 09/16/2010

I am a car nut and trade often..this is by far best riding truck I have owned. My wife has 07 Escalade ESV, my AV. has better ride and more comfortable front seats. In fact My AV. has almost identical options to the fully optioned Escalade including heated/cooled seats. I really like the blue tooth integrated with my cell phone. It automatically pairs with my cell when I enter truck, I make a call using voice recognition and cell still in my pocket and it will use cell unless there is no signal, then switches to "on-star" and gives me an option to complete the call. Love On- Star and the security it gives us. This vehicle is a "jack of all trades, with a great ride for two people.

Like driving an aircraft carrier!!

Scott, 02/22/2018
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Avalanche is huge!! The most comfortable ride of almost any truck I've ever been in. Vision to the rear can be challenging depending on your seat position. The fuel economy is decent, I'm averaging about 15mpg combined with mostly city driving. On the highway, figure about a solid 20+mpg. The tranny is silky smooth and shifts without effort. The seats are VERY comfortable and supportive. The instruments, while dated are very functional and easy to read. Yes the plastic trim on the dash seems cheap, but actually very solid. My dash has a crack that I will repair/replace, this is very common for Chevy 2007-2013. I will actually just buy another dashboard (300.00 online from GM). The navagation system is also outdated but does the job just fine (it's dvd based). I bought the vehicle used with 150K on the speedo. Not one rattle at all. Still rides like new and the cabin is totally quiet with no road noise at all. I have updated all bulbs to led including the headlights and they work perfectly. I might upgrade the Nav system in the future, but there is no rush since the factory system performs so well. In total, I love the Avalanche. It has adequate power and can be found for a lot less money than newer designs like the Ram Hemi, and Ford EcoBoost.

New Owner Loves His Avalanche

johnnymmmm, 06/04/2009

Solid multi-use vehicle, all the bells and whistles, amazing ride, technology heaven, love the active fuel management and comfort of the interior design

A long Time Honda Man tries a Chevy

Rick, 09/24/2009

This is the first Chevy I have purchased in nearly 30 years as I am a die hard Honda fan. It was time to buy a new truck and it came down to the Ridgeline and the Avalanche and I stepped out on a limb and bought the Avalanche. My honest opinion is the Avalanche wins from an exterior appeal and available 'bells and whistles" standpoint but the Honda wins on the interior quality, cargo space and clearly thought through and efficient space utilization. It is like the Chevy folks focused on what the truck looks like going down the road and curb appeal and the Honda folks focused on the interior " living quarters" area. Avalanche is a great vehicle but needs a little interior help!

Blows Ridgeline Away

Nothing Better, 10/17/2009

WOW Love my Avalanche. Use it to drive clients around as well as hauling things around and you could not find a more versatile truck. Every time a client gets into the Avy they comment on the interior quality and are always impressed. We had 2 Suburbans prior to the Avalanche and loved them as well but the Avy is more functional w/the midgate especially since we no longer need the 8 seats