Used 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Avalanche for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great SUV/Truck combo

San Jose, CA, 01/07/2010

We bought our 2009 Avalanche to replace a 92 Chevy Blazer & 97 Chevy truck. The AV was a perfect fit for us with 4 full size doors, cargo capacity and towing. The AV's 5.3 liter engine has more power/torque than the 5.7 liter engine in my old 97 truck and gets better overall gas mileage. We tow 5,000(+) lbs of boat/trailer/gear and the AV has no problems handling the steep Sunol and Altamont pass grades in the S.F. Bay Area. The ride is more SUV-like than truck, and while the AV looks top heavy it actually handles the corners pretty well for its size. But if you're not used to driving SUV/trucks the AV's large turning radius can be scary/frustrating in tight parking situations.

One great SUT. Nothing better anywhere.

ReelLove, 02/22/2010

2009 is my 3rd Avalanche (LT2-Z71). Ride is stiffer than the '05 Z71. If you do not go off road think 2x @ Z71 pkg. Much quieter than '05. Lots of leg room everywhere. This vehicle feels bigger than the 05. Improved gas mileage & performance from '05. Interior redesign is luxurious but I miss being able to put my hat on the dashboard and it staying put. Handling is very good, with little to no body roll. This is still the greatest, most versatile vehicle on the road today. I have 5 cars, & the Avalanche is always my 1st choice to drive. Quality is first class, cabin is A-#1, durability is never an issue. If you are looking for a large vehicle, put this one on the top of your list.

My Avalanche

Robert Deevey, 06/09/2009

I owned an 04 avalanche, and found it to be the most useful vehicle I had ever owned. Took advantage of the GM situation and purchased an 09. Moving from a larger metro area to the country setting I have found that the avalanche has proven to be useful not only as a full size truck hauling materials, and its comfort can not be matched. With almost 100K mile on the 04, I never experienced any problems with the vehicle. I expect the same for the 09. The vehicle has a first-class appearance, which adds to the fun of driving it. My friends like when we use the Avalanche for long trips, because of its comfort.

Great Truck

PC, 08/31/2009

This is my 2nd avalanche. I have owned a 2001 Dodge Ram and a 2004 Ford F150 and a 2006 Avlanche. This one is waaayyy better than all of them. I had a few issues (electrical) with the 2006 but so far nothing wrong with this one. Interior and exterior are much better and the suspension and engine are much smoother. Overall this is a great truck.

Buy American

B, 09/18/2009

My first American vehicle in about 15 years. I bought Toyota in the past and was hard pressed to pass one up this time. Buying the Avalanche was the best move I could have made. In my opinion the quality is better than the Toyota and the interior design is far better than the Tundra. You are making a mistake if you do not look at Chevy. They have won me over.