Used 2011 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Lucerne for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My Father's Buick--So What?

ccelpjack, 04/07/2018
Super 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the used 2011 Buick Lucerne Super because I had a Buick LeSabre Limited back in the day and drove it cross country with our family. What a great ride it was on the highways. Well, the Lucerne Super also has a super ride plus it has a peppy little V-8, excellent navigation, lane departure warning, and blind side warning. Yes, it has a huge turning radius but I have never turned around in the middle of a 4-lane highway yet. I bought the car for comfort and it delivers comfort in spades. Case closed! Update: I just completed a 1,000 mile trip of all interstate highways with my family of 3 adults and one child and we couldn't be more happy with the car's comfort, ease of driving, and cargo space. GM will rue the day it discontinued the Lucerne. The LaCrosse is a really great car but it's just not in the same class as the Lucerne when it comes to comfort and ease of driving on long highway trips with the family.

Pretty Lucy!

Little Miss Lucy, 07/28/2016
CX 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My Lucerne (Lucy) is a pretty car and she has never given me trouble. I wanted a white car, and got one used in great condition from a totally reliable dealer here in Tyler, TX. At first I didn't like how Lucy handled, but then, it is a 2009 Lucerne as opposed to my 1994 LeSabre, which I miss to this day. As for as a Buick, I am totally surprised with my choice to get another one but the LeSabre was a good friend to me, and I figured a 2009 would also be my reliable car. I recommend to anyone, get a Buick!

Watch that tranny

Kirby, 12/06/2015
Super 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Replaced transmission at 53,000 miles, luckily it was still under warranty. Come on gm your making the imports look better. Got excellent service from Moses gm though. Update on Lucerne: 12-7-16 traded in the Lucerne for a 2012 Honda Accord EX-l V6 and couldn't be happier. No more GM!

Wanted a Buick

Audge Flood, 07/13/2016
CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The ONLY problem I have with the car is the lane visibility in the drivers side mirror. It creates a "blind" spot that I have never had on any other car. Other than that, I am very pleased with it so far.

Epitaph for a great car.

Mike, 08/27/2019
CX 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I know the reviews were bad, and Consumer Reports dissed this car no end (although CU owner satisfaction ratings were top-tier for the first several years), but I still love my Lucerne. I tell anyone who asks that it will be in my estate. I have a 2006, burgundy CX, 3800 V6 engine (the 3.9 V6 came later and wasn't as reliable), 6 passenger with 40,000 miles that looks and runs better than the day I bought it 14 years ago. I describe driving it as sitting on a Barkalounger, in my living room, floating on a cloud. I've never had a complaint about the handling or braking, which are both quite sound and very predictable. It's not intended to be a sports car! It does exactly what I want it to. Very old school. The controls are simple and effective, and the sound system is excellent. It gets very poor gas mileage (17 in town, 24 on the highway, though I never drive it much on the freeway anymore to avoid all the pits and scars from thick-treaded SUV tires). Despite being babied, it has suffered the unavoidable leaking front motor mount, and broken (plastic) driver door handle common to all Lucernes. Nonetheless, a couple of days ago, after test driving a 2014 Mercedes CLS (to replace my 2002 Buick Century, which is old and tired), I got back into my Lucerne, with its gobs of light, open space, and soft cuddly seats, and felt as though I had just stepped back into the lap of true comfort and luxury. Cheers to the dinosaurs! 8/28/2020: Still love my Lucerne! I just installed my third battery (after 7-1/2 years, the first went 7-1/2 years as well), AC/Delco. No other problems or repairs during the past year. Purchased a used but new-like 2016 BMW 320i late last summer as a second car. I generally hate it. It handles well and has plenty of power, but the seats are hard, plasticky, low, and tight. The ride is barely tolerable, though the visibility is very good and it is attractive. The point of this discussion is that when I go from the BMW to the Lucerne, I feel like I have just placed myself back into the lap of refined luxury. The Buick has less pep, but the the drive train feels so much more refined than the herky-jerky, dual clutch, buzzy, 4 cylinder revving in the BMW. Sadly, no one makes these big American cruisers anymore, then again, maybe no one would buy them. Either way, I'm keeping mine until I die.