Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

2005 Le Sabre- Great car
By Me

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

BUICK Le Sabre is a very dependable, affordable and easy to drive car. This is my 3rd Buick LeSabre I have owned. They are inexpensive to drive and my 2005 I have only had to fix brakes and get new tires. Brakes were original brakes. The engines in these cars are the best and last until 300,000 miles or more.

Best American automobile, no doubt.
By Cliff G

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I could find another to hold in reserve. I use this car for an office on wheels. It had 36k when I bought it. It has 146k now. I had to get the air ride repaired. Put on one rotor which was my fault and light bulbs. THAT IS IT except for oil filters, brake pads, air filters and the normal maintenance stuff! This car goes well in the snow. Not as good as a 4wd but with a little sense it gets you there. This car stops very well on dry roads or in snow and has never thrown a surprise my way. Down on the coastal plain I can get 32 mpg highway if cruising steadily. Stop and go traffic kills the mileage. In the hills if I'm not trying to stretch mileage I get between 24 and 25. This is a big car and the ride is wonderful. The car is quiet unless you run with a window down. Front struts now need replaced to help ride but I haven't got around to it. Speedometer is broken so I use the Garmin. Car does not have rear headrests in case of accident. This seats 6. I wish I could find another with 50k on it. I would buy instantly!
Update: The car now has 173K. Recently had to put wheel bearings on both sides of the front axles. Engine still does not use oil. I couldn't be happier with this car. This car has knocked my 85 Subaru wagon off the throne in the career "dollars per mile" stat and its much more comfortable to boot!

GEM
By David

2005 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Look for stickers for transmission service in engine compartment. Sticker may indicate previous owner was noticing start of transmission troubles. Had such a sticker and needed complete transmission overhaul in 1st yr. $1800 repair bill.

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By David Wilkie

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I always run a Car fax on ANY vehicle I buy! I fell into a bed of rose's with my purchase. This car has spent it's entire life in Florida. Pristine condition, with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned
By Ernie S.

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Next to my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Comfortable, decent gas mileage, minimal regular maintenance costs and the only one major expense was needing front and rear pads and rotors at the same time. I get it serviced every 3-4,000 miles, rotate tires often (3rd set in place at the moment) and drive it daily (127K and still going strong). My only complaint is a dashboard squeak I've had for ages and can't seem to locate. I wish they still made this model for when I'm ready again. UPDATE @ 150,000 miles...Still runs and drives beautifully and usual maintenance items have been the only expenses...Console lid broke from hinge but will have repaired ( I use it a lot).