Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Its ok,I inherited it..lol
By Tim

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 40 thousand miles, had the transmission rebuilt,, there were over 15 bulletins from Buick on the transmission. mercy..2200 bucks, now 4 years later I'm nursing the transmission with Lucas transmission fix and it really does a good job, keeps the solenoids in the transmission working and smooth shifting. The seats are somewhat cheaply built, not much padding from or rear and they are sinking down,,,I am not fat. The cruise just went out but I can live with that..the rear auto leveling went out, ​I can live with that...It does ride ok, the engine is ok, uses about 8 oz of oil every 1500 miles- I can live with that,,, about 145,000 miles now..steers well and mileage is about 30 on the road. Head lamps are dated and night time driving could be brighter- tried several up dated lamps,,none worked. overall,,it runs, it's paid for, a/c works, radio works, amen...wish America still made large cars,,,not happening.. I'm a 1946 kid. Sure miss my 72 Monte Carlo though.

2005 Le Sabre- Great car
By Me

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

BUICK Le Sabre is a very dependable, affordable and easy to drive car. This is my 3rd Buick LeSabre I have owned. They are inexpensive to drive and my 2005 I have only had to fix brakes and get new tires. Brakes were original brakes. The engines in these cars are the best and last until 300,000 miles or more.

Best American automobile, no doubt.
By Cliff G

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I could find another to hold in reserve. I use this car for an office on wheels. It had 36k when I bought it. It has 146k now. I had to get the air ride repaired. Put on one rotor which was my fault and light bulbs. THAT IS IT except for oil filters, brake pads, air filters and the normal maintenance stuff! This car goes well in the snow. Not as good as a 4wd but with a little sense it gets you there. This car stops very well on dry roads or in snow and has never thrown a surprise my way. Down on the coastal plain I can get 32 mpg highway if cruising steadily. Stop and go traffic kills the mileage. In the hills if I'm not trying to stretch mileage I get between 24 and 25. This is a big car and the ride is wonderful. The car is quiet unless you run with a window down. Front struts now need replaced to help ride but I haven't got around to it. Speedometer is broken so I use the Garmin. Car does not have rear headrests in case of accident. This seats 6. I wish I could find another with 50k on it. I would buy instantly!
Update: The car now has 173K. Recently had to put wheel bearings on both sides of the front axles. Engine still does not use oil. I couldn't be happier with this car. This car has knocked my 85 Subaru wagon off the throne in the career "dollars per mile" stat and its much more comfortable to boot!

GEM
By David

2005 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Look for stickers for transmission service in engine compartment. Sticker may indicate previous owner was noticing start of transmission troubles. Had such a sticker and needed complete transmission overhaul in 1st yr. $1800 repair bill.

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By David Wilkie

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I always run a Car fax on ANY vehicle I buy! I fell into a bed of rose's with my purchase. This car has spent it's entire life in Florida. Pristine condition, with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.