Used 2016 Buick Envision Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Envision Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envision model:

How much more do you need?
By Gary

2016 Buick Envision Premium I 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am 75 years old. I have had 6 Buick’s, as well as many other brands over the years.
All of the Buick’s have had all the options available at the time. This care outshines the others cars by a lot. Have owned the car now 20 months. Have not had a single problem at all. I have the premium 1 model no moonroof. Sticker price 43k. This car was cheaper than the Audi with almost all of the same options. The stop start is not a bother at all. The engine restart in less than a second after your foot off the brake. Merging power and highway passing acceleration is more than enough. Cruising at 75 mph is no strain. The best thing of all is how quiet the interior is. There are active white noise speaker on the base of the exit handles on the ceiling. They nullify almost all of the road noise at ear level. Seats are comfortable. All controls easy to reach. Front and side vision better than the Audi. Gas mileage is dead on to what Buick says.

In for repairs for 45 days no help from GM
By J Wells

2016 Buick Envision Premium I 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2016 Premium 1 has been at the dealership for repairs because of all safety systems faults (Air Bags, ABS, AWD, Power Steering, Stability Control, you name it) for 45 days now. GM Senior Advisor was assigned to my case bu would not answer my phone call or return them. Finally after several attempts to get some answers on getting this problem resolved I had an attorney write a letter to GM stating my states lemon law. Within 2 days my "Senior Advisor" found my email address and sent me an update on my case. Only stating that because I involved legal console that she could no longer assist me. Well she haven't been assisting with anything to that point so I'm not sure what changed. Now at 45 days out of service I continue to wait with no other feedback on a resolution.

Made In China....China Can Keep IT!
By Halle Smith

2016 Buick Envision Premium II 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our car was in an accident on May 3rd. It is now August 10th and we still do not have our car. They cannot get parts and GM has been of NO help. I would NOT buy this car again, nor would I tell anyone to buy this car. It has been a complete disaster! I have never been as disappointed in a car as we have been with this car. Do not buy a car made in CHINA!

Smooth, efficient, with great handling
By NormV

2016 Buick Envision Premium II 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Update: My best mileage is 32 mpg at 65 mph with just me or 30 mpg loaded at thr same speed. 12,000 miles and the oil life is saying it is time for an oil change. I love the freebies when it is 20°F out otherwise I be in thr unheated garage doing it myself. I love the heated steering wheel as it get very warm. The heated seats are appreciated by all four of us and thr heated mirrors work great too. The AWD is perfect on the white stuff and seldom slips unless you want to punch the throttle.

With 3,000 miles on our 2016 Envision Prem ll, we picked up used in the mid-$30's, the moonroof and Driver Confidence Package are quite the deal compared to the more expensive German car companies. My in-laws are quite smitten with the Envision overall and are considering one for their next purchase. I searched new/used 2.0l turbo for months as it has AWD and torque vectoring included. The 2017 Prem ll discounted was capped my lower models starting at $35K. So our 2016 Prem ll GM executive driven with 3,000 miles in the next state over was lightly driven with no excessive tire wear, so I know it was not used for closed course driving events. New 2016 with no options were popping up for $10K off or $33K but I did not want white or silver, so it pays to shop with discounts like that and spend a few hundred to have it shipped. Currently getting 25 mpg on my half city/highway commute now that it is warming up. The ride is super quiet and smooth I'm surprised how well it isolates from the road, it is refreshing after a day at work.

Buik Envision
By Mark

2016 Buick Envision Premium I 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The front seats are remarkably uncomfortable. I can't imagine how an engineer figured out how to combine a church pew, high school bleecher, and a cheap 1970's lawn chair, but they succeeded. And I don't think the Buick designers ever encountered a switch or knob they didn't like, or wanted to use. The adjectives I would use to describe this car are: squirley, buisy, jittery,. I would opt for a nicely equiped, low mileage pre-owned AWD wagon, maybe a Volvo.