Skip to main content

Pricing

Edmunds suggests you pay
$72,105
1...

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 X7, so we've included reviews for other years of the X7 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
    1 out of 5 stars

Don’t buy

Nick, 06/10/2023
    2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

Bought a 2023 bmw x7 in September. Has multiple issues from day 2. Electrical issues, exit warning malfunction, emergency call assist malfunction, blinder motor needed to be replaced, etc. I finally got a trade assist after 6 months, had to put in several thousand still just to build a 2024 x7. Two days into the 2024, sensors had a problem. Got it back after one day, then the check engine light came on for an actuator for control arm. Now I’m stuck with a loaner for over one month and fighting to get a refund. I have no idea how BMW can continue to do this to customers.

Brand New- Multiple Problems

Keelyn, 01/08/2023
    2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

We purchased a 2023 x7 in November 2022 with 4 miles on it. We’ve actually had the x7 in our possession 3 of the 7 weeks we have owned it. The other 4 weeks it has been in the service department. First, after owning it less than 2 weeks, randomly the car started making an awful noise on acceleration. Found out that a bolt was not secured on the transfer case in assembly. Scary. A week in the shop. Had it back a week and then multiple sensors including a drive train warning and driver assist warning kept coming on. Two and half weeks in the shop and it was allegedly “fixed.” Have had it back 3 days and now the drive train warning is back on and upon accelerating, the RPMs go extremely high but the car doesn’t go anywhere. Extremely scary. Currently awaiting a call from BMW on returning the vehicle. It’s been a week with no call. This has been my 4th brand new BMW (325ci, x5, x 5, x7) and I’ve never had an issue but I will say I’m not sure I want another one at this point.

2 out of 5 stars

Disappointed - Serviced 5 times in 3 months

Paul P, 05/26/2023
    2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

Purchased a new BMW X7 in February 2023. Buying experience was very good. The problem is I’ve had in for service 5 times in 3 months. Three times was a faulty seat belt sensor. One time was the drive train locked up and I had to have it towed. Final time is another faulty sensor which is back ordered for a month. I love the car styling and it drives great but having to taken in for service 5 times is ridiculous. I will say the BMW service team is super friendly and helpful. I just wish I didn’t have to get to know them. So far BMW has not offered anything for my time and inconvenience. Probably will be my first and last BMW.

4 out of 5 stars
    2 out of 5 stars

Great Ride BUT !

Johnnie kool, 12/02/2023
    2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

The X7 is an amazing car and super smooth ride. However after 14 month a computer issue popped up! The turbo blast controlled by the computer does not work. The dealer told me that for 2023 there is not fix but you can stlll drive it. They checked it but if I want to pass some one and need some power forget it. Did get the car up to 80. Waiting for the software update!

You won’t regret it

Chen Zhang, 07/12/2022
    2022 BMW X7 xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

I have never felt compelled to write a review before. I have owned a lot of cars in my life. On the SUV side I have owned the GLC, GLE and also Range Rover sport 2012 model. Although I really loved how the GLC felt, some ways riding even better than the GLE. And I do miss my V8 in the range rover, This X7 blew me away… I’d love a plush soft ride but also a car that feels solid, and planted, especially going over bumps and at high speeds. This X7 is amazing in how it delivers both perfectly… it rides as soft as Range Rover but feels more solid. When it goes over rough roads the car has no excessive sounds, no rattling. The quality of the build is amazing. MB has always been known to have great suspension but this X7 feels so special on the road. In driving the car is so responsive and feels awake and alive. I have had the car for over a year with over 20k miles. Been very lucky because I had absolutely no issues.

4 out of 5 stars