Used 2000 Audi TT Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used TT for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great All Year Round!

Chris, 03/25/2006

I've owned 3 Audis in the past 5 years and the TT is by far the best. It's been practically fault-free. Those who complain about the maintenance should know better; when you buy a German car, be prepared to pay a lot when something breaks! This car is more VW than Audi, so parts are somewhat reasonably priced. If not for the size, I'd definitely go for another TT!

Fun car

Alonso, 03/04/2004

Fun car to drive and have people looking at it all the time.

Dream Car or Maintenance Nightmare?

Parnelli, 06/15/2006

Driving my dream car is great but owning it is not. Good thing I bought the extended warranty because I needed all I could squeeze out of it. If my money is going to Europe, I want to go with it so I'm selling my TT. I'll miss driving it and parking in sports car row but not the too-frequent trips to the dealer and the bite on my finances. And I'll stop twitching when the gas warning tone goes off because I think something else has gone wrong. This was my second German car and I'll never buy another one. Get AAA road service; you'll need it. Audi understands nothing about customer satisfaction or support.

Fun to drive

triumpher, 05/03/2004

This vehicle is just fun to drive. It feels and is very fast and quick, and the quadro makes it feel like running on rails. We had a Corvette befor that , but this one is more fun.

i'd buy one again

Mike_Hodgskin, 10/14/2004

The Audi TT 225hp quattro is a dream car.

Amazing Ride - When it's not in the shop

aerobab, 04/01/2005

Wow...truley an impressive car! World-class styling (inside and out), great performance, a real head turner! I use this car for my every day vehicle and loathe the days when I can't drive it! It's a shame that I'll be getting rid of it soon, as I am unable to afford the monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) maintenance on it. Relatively simple repairs to unnecessary luxury features (i.e., headlight washers) should not cost $500!! I have only had repair work on these little nuisances...never anything major. The Certified Pre-Owned "warranty" offered by Audi is a load of garbage. The TT really is an awesome (initially affordable) toy to have...as long as you have deep pockets for repair!

Fun little car

JeffE, 09/11/2006

I bought a 2000 Quattro (29,000 miles) in 05/2005. I drive this car HARD and so far no problems except for the instrument cluster, but this seems to be rather common. This is a fun little car which has a lot of room (I am 6'2, 300), and fits the wife and dog just fine! I would like this little coupe to have some extra horses and a 6th gear, but it handles on rails. You CANNOT beat this car in the snow. I love zooming past the tahoe/jeep/escalade drivers in 10 inches of snow, and seeing the look on their faces! All in all a great car, as long as it holds up!!

Best Bang for the Buck!

Fun Hatch, 01/18/2007

I loved the design aspect of the TT. I've been through a few frustrating repairs, but overall I have greatly enjoyed this car and will be purchasing a new TT when the next generation makes it to showrooms. I would easily recommend the TT to anyone, with a side note of expensive repair bills, but it's German... all German cars are expensive to repair.

Audi TT

audi tt, 01/29/2007

This is a hot car... it turns heads everywhere I go. Also, on the functional side it is very reliable, no problems at all with it.

Worth it to buy but not for racing

Jim, 04/26/2007

Very nice car, interior and exterior. RARE car so gets good attention. 180 hp is not that strong but you're driving for style not for racing.

51050