Used 2015 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Germans Still Reign Supreme
By Scott in PA

2015 Audi A8 4.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Wow what an engineering feat. Moving from a CTS6 Performance with it's awesome chassis, the A8 outshines GM's iron in virtually every category. But, to be fair, the A8 is $30k MORE so it should be better. This engine is magnificent, rocketing to 60 in 4.3 seconds. No matter where you are in the rev range, stomping on the gas just plants you back in the seat. 0-60; 40-80; 80-?? it does not matter this car is just Point and Shoot. The Dynamic Steering and Sports Differential give you a degree of confidence and road feedback unparalleled in cars this size. The interior is better than MB or BMW.... coddling, expansive, top quality materials deftly blended to accent and compliment each other. The only negative to this car is the massive depreciation...so don't buy new. My 2015 stickered near $100k and I paid less than $50k with only 18k miles a mere 6 months before it's 4th birthday. CPO, baby!!

Best in Class
By Glenn C

2015 Audi A8 4.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Audi's flagship sets a high mark in the luxury sedan category. I enjoy that it is less common than the other marks, but outperforms them in many aspects. Even after three years, the model remains a head-turner and a true joy to drive on my daily 20-mile commute. Performance of the A8 4.0L T is robust, yet the look is understated. My only concerns relate to the inability of local dealerships to keep up with the service capacity demands as more Audis are sold. Also, the unexpected service charge of more than $650 to align the adaptive cruise control should be covered in the pre-purchased Audi Care package. On the whole, I am quite satisfied with what is my fifth A8.

Dieselgate Audi
By Robert Potter

2015 Audi A8 L TDI quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The second generation V-6 TDI is a fabulous car. Such a shame that VW/Audi felt they had to cheat on the emissions tests, because the repairs done to meet spec had virtually no impact on the car's operation. About all they did was set the shift points at a higher RPM. But because of the cheating, diesel cars are probably dead in the US market. One can make a good case that the emission standards are ridiculously high, but that's not the point. The problem is that VW/Audi cheated to get around them...and they wouldn't have had to. Because of all this, the value of these cars has fallen through the floor. But if you can get one for a song, you won't be disappointed. The car has plenty of power, handles beautifully, rides very comfortably, and gets amazing fuel economy for its size. I have easily hit mid-40 mpg on freeway trips (at least according to the computer). The only thing that falls down is the navigation system. The voice activation is poor. It often can't find a specific address. It is slow. Audi connect, which overlays Google Earth on the map, is a neat toy, but it is too expensive for what it is. My other gripe is repair costs. Once the warranty expires, this baby is going to be expensive. It uses odd size tires...and goes through them quickly. I think I paid about $1600 for a set of four new Michelins. At least they are good tires. The Pirellis that were original were horrible. Very noisy. And the brakes don't last very long either. New front pads and rotors at around 30K...one independent shop quoted $1200...got them done at another for around $800. Can't imagine what the dealer would get. Dealer gets $100 for a set of wiper blades, for Pete's sake. Once the Audi Care expires, routine maintenance goes to an independent. Dealer prices are beyond belief. But the Audi A8 diesel is truly a great car, better than the several BMW and Mercedes I've had in the past. No regrets whatever about buying this car!

Thinking new car
By KA

Best car I ever owned.

My Favorite Car Ever
By Kurtis Lindemann

2015 Audi A8 L 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is by far my favorite car that I have ever owned. It has everything that you could want. I cannot imagine needing more power than what the A8 3.0 brings to table. You tap on the accelerator and you're off to the races with all of the horses you need under the hood. The back seat comfortably seats people 6'5", which is a rare find in any vehicle. The seat massagers are a great feature for the driver and passengers and the climate control is excellent for front and back seats. It has the smoothest ride of any car that I have ever been in. There are roads that I regularly drive on that you have to take slow in my wife's Toyota Sienna of you'll get bumped around that I can drive over at normal speed and not even feel. The camera that gives you a 360 degree view when you are parking or pulling out of a spot is a phenomenal feature. It's tough to live without when you're driving a "normal car'. I get 30 MPG on the highway, which is completely unexpected for this land yacht. This is car is so luxurious that my wife tells me my expectations are too high when we look at other cars. Once you drive this car, you're going to have a tough time downgrading to another vehicle. About the only complaint that i can come up with is the in-car wifi, which only has 3G capability and the navi system which is based on google maps which you have to have the 3G service for which is unfortunate, but I mostly use Waze for navigation anyway. If you can afford it, don't second guess - buy this awesome piece of engineering and luxury!