Used 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews

Used Giulia for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

The real real on TI sport 2018

DMF, 09/29/2018
Ti Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

So many positives on this car. Looks, fantastic; had doubts about red leather, on silver. Dark 5 hole wheels with yellow calipers upgraded to qv wheel and Michelin tire package- fantastic. Also chip tuned to 350hp. After 4 bmws, 4 Mercedes, 3 Porsche’s, 5 AUDI’s— this is the most fun car in ages. Last 5 AUDI’s, great luxury, safety, marginal handling including last S6. Alfa is a joy to drive. It’s one of those ,”take the long way home cars.” Or let’s just take this drive to , “wherever” just “ because.” The AUDI has greatest info and technology ever, but I don’t drive the info screen. So for kicking back, cruising, sleepy drives- get the AUDI , MB, BMW. To DRIVE , Alfa has no competition. Finally; was concerned about reliability; 7,500 miles— just gas and air pressure checks; that’s it. Oh; and did I mention that grown , mature men just stop and drool over the thing; sometimes I embarrassingly have to squeeze through admirers to get to the car and leave. Also doesn’t hurt that my grandson is convinced it’s a Ferrari.

Review by Actual Owner

SJMST, 01/25/2018
Ti 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I see a some reviews by people who decided not to buy. I did lease one, and here's what I think. I have 3,500 miles of flawless performance on mine. This car turns heads. People stop to chat and ask about it. If you want to blend into the background, maybe it’s not the car for you. From every angle, it looks properly proportioned. The interior is beautiful, and is there a more striking logo than Alfa’s? I say “No” Best for last. Driving it. It’s not a weekend toy. I commute interstate, NY to NJ every day. Forty five miles each way. Hence the need for the adaptive cruise and forward collision warning. This allows the car to stop and go on its own in bumper to bumper traffic. Nice. When the roads are open, and that happens even in NY, it is wonderful. The chassis feels carved from stone, yet is somehow compliant over rough patches. It is inexplicably able to take curves flat at speed yet still be comfortable. This is not a big car. It is in looks and feel more like sports sedans before they became heavy and bloated. The Giulia is light and quick and instantly responsive. My 2002 BMW 3 series 5-speed was something like that, but this has that beat. Get an Alfa.

Great car

David, 10/28/2018
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have 7k miles on my 2017. There have been two recalls for software updates but no mechanical issues whatsoever. This is a great small sedan, agile, comfortable, fast and beautiful. Best steering, shifting and suspension of any non sports car that I have owned. Flat out beats the 7 and 5 series BMWs I have owned as well as the Jaguar XKR, and MB E cars I have owned. One minor complaint- the front seat a bit to short but understandable from a design viewpoint. Again, no mechanical issues at all. I love this car.

Any Excuse to Drive

Johno, 12/24/2018
Quadrifoglio 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have passed 10K miles on the car with zero problems (other than a minor glitch with radio presets fixed with software update). This is effectively a four door Ferrari for a remarkably reasonable price. The acceleration and handling are nothing short of supercar stunning. You look for any excuse to drive it: the most mundane errands are just a blast. The comments and stares at every parking lot add to the exotic car ownership experience. And yet the car is completely comfortable and civilized as an every day driver. My spouse was an exec for a Japanese car company so I was spoiled with new primo quality cars every two years and we also have other Hondas, Nissan/Infiniti's and a Lexus in the family and the Alfa is every bit their equal in build quality, fit and finish. And, oh by the way, the Montecarlo Blu on my Quadrifoglio has a depth and sparkle beyond any other blue that I've seen on any other car on the road -- again more like a super-exotic than others in the class, and the comments of strangers confirm this. I had apprehensions because of the exaggerated unreliability reputation, the truth has been, instead, bulletproof to date.

Best Kept Secret

AlfaForever, 04/18/2018
Ti 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Once you drive it, you will get out of the car handing your wallet and keys to your trade to the dealer as you will not possibly want to get back into your old car. My Giulia is my 15th car in 23 years. I had been researching for months a replacement for my E350. I have had all the Germans and a few Asian cars along the way, nothing like my Alfa. It goes like hell, turn the wheel and it follow your lead. So much power, yet very efficient. My local dealer was running great lease deals and until the Alfa I have not ever leased. Went to the dealer late on a Saturday night and drove the Giuila and Stelvio back to back, it was game over. I don't recall the last car I had that was so much fun to drive. I also love that it is unique and few others have them. Also appreciate that with a couple of packages it as all I need and the standards list is long. It has leather seats for example that so many of the competing cars offer at a hefty cost if at all. I am also a big guy over 6' and have ample legroom and am very comfortable inside. Within a week, my huge panoramic moonroof decided it was not going to open anymore. Took a week to get appointment at the dealer. The dealer does not offer loaners which made me apprehensive but they made the repair and had me on my way in a couple of hours with a wash. Few weeks back, went to leave in the morning and the trunk would not even open, the car was dead. Alfa customer service was very nice, tow truck came and jumped the car. I have not ever had to call roadside let alone be stranded by a car and was very angry about it. Headed to the dealer, they could not find anything wrong, washed the car and had me on the way. As soon as I opened the roof and got some music going on the fantastic Harman Kardon system, I could not stop smiling. The car is quirky but has so much character. The Mercedes dealer where my last car was serviced was so nice, fantastic service, appointments within hours as needed, free loaners and free car washes 5 days a week. The Alfa dealer is nowhere near that caliber but they are trying very hard and it is evident those who work there are passionate about the cars. If in the market for a sport sedan or SUV, go drive the Alfas, you will not be disappointed.

12345...7