2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Giulia model:

Like driving loaner cars?
By Sam S.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Because that’s what you’ll be spending most of our time in. 1000k miles - brakes bad, trim loose, throttle controls bad, engine bad.

No problems, drives amazing, looks great
By Davey

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Lusso 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I'll keep it short. I loved the car when I drove it and was terrified of reliability. So I got a short (24 month) lease. I've got 3K miles and the car has been flawless. Solid, fast and quiet. Not a squeak, smell or rattle. I know 3K is still early but I have been reassured that there haven't been "little" issues that might be leading indicators of future bigger problems. Beyond that the car is a joy to drive and so fun to be around. My neighbors think its exotic and wonder if I won the lottery (they have no idea that my lease is in Honda Accord range). Downsides? The non-sport seats are a bit unsupportive and the navigation is outdated (so I use Google Maps via Android Auto). Other than nav the infotainment isn't bad (although Audi is better). Sensor features like adaptive cruise control are surprisingly good (I sort of figured Alfa wouldn't do that well). Front collision sensor is a little too sensitive but that's minor. Net-net I love this car and feel like I discovered this brilliant secret.

Love this car!
By Jack

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had an initial problem with the turbo (replaced), but the dealer was fantastic and provided me with a brand new Mercedes GLC300 as a free loaner. The last 7000 miles have been flawless (9000 overall). It's my second Alfa and being Italian, reliability issues are expected. I will say this though, my wife's Mercedes has had five service trips in the first 20k miles, including four recalls and brakes replaced under warranty. From my experience, the Mercedes has been less reliable than the Alfa. I read an earlier post about the sunroof, mine has stopped several times but is easily fixed...the fix is easily found online and takes about a minute to reset. I love the car and will get another Alfa when the lease expires.

Ciao Bella!
By Phil Baffa

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is the hands down best handling car I’ve ever owned! It’s top of the line. Engine is flawless. I would say if you own a Quadrifoglio you would agree that it feels more like a $200,000 car than an $85,000 car. I have Porsche owners come up to me and surprisingly tell me that the q.v. is faster than their Porsche. Not the 911 turbo of course. It eats M3s, AMGs and just about every other car you would see in a normal everyday drive. There is absolutely not a single car that could match the performance of the Alfa and still cost less than $150k. Molto bene! If your looking for an actual engine performance car then there is nothing close. Is the interior as nice as a Bentley? No. Does it handle good in snow? No. But niether does 99% of the cars that are sub 4 seconds 0-60. It’s got 510 HP...Why is Alfa being judged harshly to such a high standard when BMW and Mercedes have had a 30 year head start and just got punked in Alfa’s first production of saloon cars? Viva Italia! Forza Azzuri!

Giulia Sport
By RT Jackson

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love the overall vehicle