2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Giulia model:

Giulia Sport
By RT Jackson

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love the overall vehicle

Might As Well Be a Coupe
By Bummer, Dude

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Beautiful car, BUT rear seat is a cruel joke. The opening to get your feet through is very narrow, and even at that is partially blocked by the front seat. Deal killer. Didn't even bother to test drive.

Best Kept Secret
By AlfaForever

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Once you drive it, you will get out of the car handing your wallet and keys to your trade to the dealer as you will not possibly want to get back into your old car. My Giulia is my 15th car in 23 years. I had been researching for months a replacement for my E350. I have had all the Germans and a few Asian cars along the way, nothing like my Alfa. It goes like hell, turn the wheel and it follow your lead. So much power, yet very efficient. My local dealer was running great lease deals and until the Alfa I have not ever leased. Went to the dealer late on a Saturday night and drove the Giuila and Stelvio back to back, it was game over. I don't recall the last car I had that was so much fun to drive. I also love that it is unique and few others have them. Also appreciate that with a couple of packages it as all I need and the standards list is long. It has leather seats for example that so many of the competing cars offer at a hefty cost if at all. I am also a big guy over 6' and have ample legroom and am very comfortable inside. Within a week, my huge panoramic moonroof decided it was not going to open anymore. Took a week to get appointment at the dealer. The dealer does not offer loaners which made me apprehensive but they made the repair and had me on my way in a couple of hours with a wash. Few weeks back, went to leave in the morning and the trunk would not even open, the car was dead. Alfa customer service was very nice, tow truck came and jumped the car. I have not ever had to call roadside let alone be stranded by a car and was very angry about it. Headed to the dealer, they could not find anything wrong, washed the car and had me on the way. As soon as I opened the roof and got some music going on the fantastic Harman Kardon system, I could not stop smiling. The car is quirky but has so much character. The Mercedes dealer where my last car was serviced was so nice, fantastic service, appointments within hours as needed, free loaners and free car washes 5 days a week. The Alfa dealer is nowhere near that caliber but they are trying very hard and it is evident those who work there are passionate about the cars. If in the market for a sport sedan or SUV, go drive the Alfas, you will not be disappointed.

The Good, the Bad, the Alfa
By AlfaOut

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If you want a flat-out sports sedan, and worry about nothing else, this is 100% the car for you. It will drive better than anything else out there. However, if you want something you can drive daily and not have to worry about breaking down, then this is not the car for you. Here are the pro and cons: Pros: Best handling. Period. Cons: electrical controls will intermittently work and/or not work. The vehicle is missing sensors. There is an intermittent smell of something burning--burning oil and/or rubber smell. This is either not found by the dealer, and/or a dealer will tell you "something" needs to burn off. There is a warranty--great, but when the electronics and burning smell appear, the dealer AND Alfa itself has no idea (or flat-out-lies). The warranty therefore is useless. They will try to fix it, but either not find a problem because it's intermittent, not find it, or claim it "may" be working as designed, manual and common sense to the contrary. Overall, a great car, but not ready for "show-time." The dealer network is deficient, poorly-trained, and Alfa itself is clueless. The driving dynamics are not soo great or that much better than a BMW, Audi, or Jag to warrant buying/leasing this vehicle.

Amazing vehicle
By Maupiti

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I compared my loaded Giulia Ti Sport with other sports sedan I owned and recently test drove (Audi A4 and BMW 3 series, Maserati Ghibli). The Giulia gives a different feeling when you drive it and everyone obviously is highlighting the driving dynamics and the handling of this vehicle, but I want to stress its engineering and its quality control, that are usually exposed to old cliche' from people who actually nevere owned an Alfa or maybe had a bad experience back in the '80 so are not updated at all. The Giulia has a brand new engineering and platform and doesn't share anything from Fiat/Chrysler group. A profusion of aluminum and carbon fiber is used throughout the vehicle and the engine, steering and trasmission are a masterpiece. This, added to the racing expertise of both Alfa and Ferrari combined in this new project, reflects how wonderful is Giulia in and out. The seductive exterior design and the driving pleasure are both taken for granted by now (considered the best looking sedan with the best handling in the market) so I want to describe its quality: the interior is refined with the Luxury package added. Fit and finish is perfect, no noises coming out during the ride and the parts assembly is very accurate. Reliability has been incredible so far, not a single issue (even beating my Subaru which had a minor issue right after the purchase and a few annoyances during the time I owned it. The glitches reported on some of the earlier test models have been resolved by software updates few months ago and I purchased mine already with the SW update. In my ownership experience so far I can say that it is the best sports luxury sedan I've ever had and everytime I take it for a ride is a big pleasure for me! One last suggestion for interested buyers: pick a Ti Sport with full leather package and 19" rims. The exterior and interior style and feeling improve a lot!
Finally, I wanted to address the negative "predicted" reliability that some automotive magazine and blogs like CR are always mentioning: I suggest to keep current and have a look at what is actually going on with updated surveys in Europe, where Alfa Romeo has been present continously, and actual consumer ratings, not to mention the Motortrend and Car and Driver most recent tests that lead to awards: