Used 2014 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura TL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

i love this car!
By tom

2014 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ive had mine for a year and just got my first oil change. This is an awesome car. A super Accord with some class.

Good Performance for a large sedan
By Tim McMullen

2014 Acura TL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for about seven months now and I bought it used for around twenty thousand dollars and it had twenty eight thousand miles. I currently own this vehicle along with a rear wheel drive G37 coupe from Infiniti. The Acura has been very good to me. Lets begin with the outward appearance. The car is definitely different from most on the road today and I believe the later models of the TL are the best looking of the newer body style. The car is still much more attractive to me than the newer TLX sedans. The performance of the car is very good considering the sheer size of the vehicle. It goes around the corners like it is on rails and the ride is not as harsh as one would imagine with stock 19 inch wheels. The TL definitely rides smoother than the G37 but the steering upon takeoff can get a little wild when sending 280 HP to the front wheels. The torque steer is something I would be weary about if purchasing again. I would have preferred to get an AWD model but they have problems burning oil in their 3.7L engines. The engine noise is very minimal unless you are really giving it some gas so it keeps with the luxury feel. The brakes on this car are very good and seem to stop this tank well. The biggest miss for this car is the lack of features compared to other competitors. I actually was someone who specifically looked for a stripped down luxury car to keep future repair costs low. I believe that the more tech in a car, the quicker it will become outdated so this TL is actually all you need. With the XM radio and Bluetooth I do not feel like there are a lack of options. The stereo speakers are terrible in any Acura and will in no way compare to the Bose audio in the Infiniti. So far the only issues I have had were a drivers side window which is extremely slow to roll up, and the attributed this to lack of lubricant. I also experience hard transmission shifts in cold weather but this is solved by letting the car warm up for a few minutes. Overall I would buy another TL, just maybe not over another Infiniti G37.

Great car, not really a Honda
By bob spitz

2014 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're looking for a near-luxury car with superb handling, great looks, very decent mileage and reliability then this car is a good choice. The 3.5 L V-6 is strong and responds quickly when called upon. Very fun to drive and comfortable seats; trunk space is good, despite some "expert" reviews I have read. It has many of the good features of its cousin, the Accord, but it doesn't look or feel like an Accord. Anyone who would write trash in a review of this TL doesn't really know much about cars, but they probably think they do! Only complaint I have is the center display, it is not bright enough to be useful in the daylight, can't hardly see it. I think Acura should recall this display and replace with a brighter one that you can read.

Wow!!
By Jay Bird

2014 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We LOVE our 2014 Acura TL Tech... Bella Nova Pearl White w/tan leather interior & black accents... it's a Head-Turner on our NJ Shore roads. It's our 2nd Acura TL. HIGHLY recommend purchase of any Acura. Great looking car & engineering as well. You will be the Bad Ass on the road!!

My RELIABLE & LUXURY Acura TL
By John

2014 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was never really interested in the Acua TL, I was really into a Honda Civic and Nissan Altima, But none of those cars can beat the Acura TL. I was looking threw dealers and the Acura really caught my attention. I stopped by and test drove two Acura's, The ILX and TL. The TL was the best one. The dealer gave me a great price so I took the TL home. My wife and kids loved it, It was great for my family. I had the TL for 4 years now and I never had a single problem with the car. I would recommend the car if you like ride, comfort, reliability, performance and safety.