Used 2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used ILX for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Getting 43 Mpg on daily commute

mahowald, 08/11/2012
Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. Gas mileage, suspension, and stereo are great. Bluetooth integration and Pandora integration work perfectly. Suspension and noise cancellation work amazingly well. Although it looks small, it has plenty of room and has always been big enough. Gas mileage has been from 42 to 45 without really trying.

New to me ILX

VIP, 07/26/2016
Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2013 ILX from the dealer used with 30k miles in 2016. So far so good. I had a Honda before and loved it so figured my next step would be an Acura. First the positives: Car rides well, love the GPS, blue tooth connectivity, and voice control. For a 4 cylinder vehicle it accelerates quite quickly and is very good on gas. Also the car is spacious, it comfortably fit me plus 3 other adults on a short road trip. Now the not so good: storage is extremely limited! the car doesn't even have a place to put spare change, I literally dump everything into the center counsel. Also the USB cord is awkwardly placed, when I first test drove the car I thought it was damaged (if you've seen it you know what I mean). Lastly, I got the tech package so I have leather seats but when I first started looking I was shocked to see that the base model comes standard with cloth seats, I've never seen a luxury car with cloth seats.

Excellet Commuter Car

bybchucky, 09/13/2013
Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2013 ILX with the Tech pkg, and I am very pleased with it. I had a 2008 Acura TL prior to purchasing this car, and I thought I would miss the V6 acceleration, but I honestly don't. A lot of the reviews say the 150 hp is underpowered, but I find the car to be adequate. In fact, it picks up quite nicely on the highway and I don't have trouble passing cars. The interior is nice, well built, and feels a lot wider than what the outside appearance would make you believe. The rear leg room is also excellent considering this is a compact car. As stated above, this is an excellent commuter car.

Peppy Hybrid that Turns Heads

bayareamom, 01/26/2015
Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our ILX used and have been incredibly pleased with it thus far. As a former Prius owner, I feel much cooler driving this sporty Acura, although I do miss the 50+ mpg of the Prius. It's fun to drive, handles well, stops on a dime, and has all of the modern features you'd expect from an Acura. I primarily drive around town (about 90% of the time) with lots of stopping and am averaging about 37-38 mpg. I love the simplicity of the interior, which is easy to use and not as bright or busy as some of the other models we looked at. I hope this awesome car continues to fly under the radar so I'll continue to be one of the only ones on the road driving it!

An Excellent Car!

geiim, 01/28/2013
Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!