Used 2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

Just got this car
By Dawn butler

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love love love it

Feels like a Civic with luxury price tag.
By ILX driver

2013 Acura ILX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I helped m Grandma buy a CPO 2013 ILX w/ Tech. package. She wanted certain thing like a backup camera, leather, and navigation and the only car she could afford, that ticked those boxes was the Acura ILX. I drive this car a fair amount, so I do have a good sense of the car. First, this car DOES NOT feel like an Acura. My dad has a 09 TSX and everything from the materials, comfort, suspension, and performance on the ILX does not feel like it is related to any Acura. I have read from many forum discussions when the ILX first came out, that it is truly is a civic in disguise, that requires premium fuel and I can attest that it is. Most built-in navigations are terrible, so I'm not surprised with the ILX's system, but how can a 2013 "luxury" sedan have such a cruddy back-up camera? It does the job, but even the Toyota Corolla comes with a better camera. The suspension feels like it was made out of very cheap components, as it feels like the right front wheel is already in need of a ball joint. The exhaust shield fell off and the paint is prone to chipping. My suggestion to anyone thinking about getting an ILX is to get an older TSX or just get a fully loaded Civic.

Dream car
By Shon

2013 Acura ILX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have always wanted to own an Acura. I love this car and it fits me perfectly.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By Banjo

2013 Acura ILX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My previous car was a leased 2015 Civic EX-L, but due to a job change I needed to get out of my lease mileage restrictions. I took a look at buying out my Civic, or purchasing another new Honda, but both of those options were thousands of $s more than a pre-owned ILX still under warranty. I am a car nut so I am quite familiar with the ILX and its relation to the Civic platform. The ILX fit my needs perfectly and solved most of the issues I had with my Civic (garbage infotainment system, NVH, pokey acceleration). The ILX is great for my longer highway commute, and the tech package is a must-have for the ELS audio. I don't really use the nav system but it works well the few times I played with it. Would like a bird's eye view option though. The only feature I miss from my Civic is the LaneWatch camera, but turning my head to check my blindspot is very easy and I feel the visibility is slightly better than on my Civic. Car is no rocket, but it is a willing partner when you punch it. No issues passing or getting up to speed at all. MPG is obviously less than my Civic, but I am still getting around 29-30 combined. Worth the MPG trade-off for the comfort level alone. Definitely could use a couple more storage cubbies and maybe another USB outlet, but I'll survive ha. Passengers report he backseat is roomy enough and comfy. I cant imagine why anyone would buy a new Kia Rio or a base Honda Fit when they can get a bulletproof-reliable, well-styled, feature-packed luxury-ish ILX for the same price.

New to me ILX
By VIP

2013 Acura ILX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2013 ILX from the dealer used with 30k miles in 2016. So far so good. I had a Honda before and loved it so figured my next step would be an Acura. First the positives: Car rides well, love the GPS, blue tooth connectivity, and voice control. For a 4 cylinder vehicle it accelerates quite quickly and is very good on gas. Also the car is spacious, it comfortably fit me plus 3 other adults on a short road trip. Now the not so good: storage is extremely limited! the car doesn't even have a place to put spare change, I literally dump everything into the center counsel. Also the USB cord is awkwardly placed, when I first test drove the car I thought it was damaged (if you've seen it you know what I mean). Lastly, I got the tech package so I have leather seats but when I first started looking I was shocked to see that the base model comes standard with cloth seats, I've never seen a luxury car with cloth seats.