Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

32,000 miles
By Bodie

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Over 2 years ownership now-premium and sport packages. Pros: very comfortable seats, doesn't look like everything else on the road, reliability, decent performance. cons: turning radius is terrible (my 2005 tacoma double cab is easier to park than the volvo) glove compartment rattles on bumps, road noise. Overall I can't complain, my wife likes her ride, and have had no mechanical issues yet. I enjoy the sport shift when I drive it. I still would have chosen the Acura TL if it were my choice. We also tested the BMW 325, infiniti G35, Mercedes 230 and Acura TL.

Favorite Features

Seats,sport shift, looks

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius

Small things bother me
By VV

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my Volvo for over a year now and it's a good car, but I can't get over the radio knob for the pre-set stations, it's a pain to use. Also, there is no trunk release in the car, which means I have to use the unlock function inside the car or on the key fob. Also, there is no where to put trash. The rear seat headrests block my vision, therefore I drive with them down and it looks stupid.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, automatic lights and the great gas mileage (I get over 31mpg, mostly highway driving). I feel very safe driving the car.

Suggested Improvements

Audible sound when activating the alarm system. Trunk release, better sound system controls.

850,S70,S60 whats next?
By tmorgan4

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had the 850, S70 and now the S60 and this is probably the best car i've ever driven. Great on gas mileage,probably the most seductive sedan on the market and fun to drive. Pound for pound this might be the best european sedan on the market! I love everything about it, I can't even imagine what the next generation s60 will be like.

Favorite Features

sexy seductive look...plus it s a Volvo!

Suggested Improvements

interior trunk release control

Love Car, No So Dealer
By MAE

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I adore this car, it's comfortable and sporty and I got all the bells & whistles under dealer invoice because I bought a fleet model off the floor. My only complaint is my "sneaky" dealership in Summit NJ and added fee for the extended warranty which I thought was included w/a certified pre- owned. I didn't catch it until too late - anyone else have this experience???

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, excellent sound system, LOW maintenence

Suggested Improvements

cup holders awkwardly placed

Its a Nice car But
By Omajacks

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I Purchased my S60R in Jan 05. I bought it for the safety, Comfort and Looks. However I have had a few Problems with it like the breaks (when they really get wet they let you and anybody with in 1 city block know it from the screaching it makes, Volvo has looked at multiple times and has yet to fix it.), Turning radius (if I had test driven this car better like in a parking lot I wouldn't have bought it it turns like a semi.) and the front bumper (Don't touch any parking bumpers with both your front tires, I've done it twice and both times when backing out it has pulled off my bumper and stretched out the bottom of my bumper. ie. a 900 dollar replacement job). Other then that not bad.

Favorite Features

The drive and ride are great power is good also especially when sport is turned on on the auto trans. It looks great and handles well specifically in bad weather snow, rain and ice. I love that all wheel drive. The audio system sounds good.

Suggested Improvements

do something about the ground clearence in the front and a better turn radius would help too. also one more thing my 4yr old son shut the rear passenger door on my hand and now I'm missing part of my pinky. it seals tight. so maybe some more insulation in the door wells too.