Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
GREAT everyday driver
By Tara

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for a little over one year now, and it is fantastic. I drive it everyday, in every weather condition. Handles great, love the actice chassis controls. Gas mileage is wonderful, as long as you're not constantly in boost. Looks great with the factory body kit..nice and sporty. Highly recommend this car!

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, 6 speed stick shift, HUGE trunk

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius (obviously), 18" rims are easily damaged driving every day, tight back seat leg room, premium gas isn't cheap!!! Factory winglets on front look great, but are certainly NOT practical.

S60R 6spd
By Turboguru

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car in December of 08, only 4 months later and the car has been in the shop more than I've had it. Countless little problems, and several Major problems, costing over $3000. I'm afraid to drive the car cause I never know when its gonna break next. The turning radius stinks, and it makes random noises. But its leather is top notch, sound system is great when it works, it looks amazing, accelerates great.

Favorite Features

Interior,performance, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability,Reliability,Reliability.... .......etc.etc.etc...

Love it!
By R you ready?

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car despite the quirks mentioned in other reviews. It's great on the highway, not so great in parking lots, but overall very suitable as a daily driver if you want fun. I love the overall driving experience including the steering wheel, pedals, and seat. In the black sapphire color, with a fresh coat of wax it looks brand new and sexy even after 6 years. The leather looks almost new. I like the rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, 3-position seat/mirror memory, push-button adjustable suspension ("4c"), and wheel- mounted audio controls. The front bumper is too low and the turning radius is awful. My wife thinks the ride is harsh and the seats are too low.

Favorite Features

- FUN to drive! Can take to the track if you want. Corners like it's on rails. - Styling and finish looks new even after 6 years. - Seats are very comfortable. - Lots of luxury features you don't expect on a 2004 (see above). - Volvo safety!

Suggested Improvements

If your main focus is on performance, you won't find anything lacking. For greater convenience: - a front bumper that does not get caught on parking lot curbs - more rear leg room - smaller turning radius! - simpler stereo controls

Ultimate Volvo Turn On
By Hilltop Volvo Fan

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Volvo epitomizes "safety" to me and most important feature in a car for me was simply a comfortable, safe, and affordable ride until I bought a used 2004 S60R that has completely rocked my world! What a beast! I love the way the car handles, drives, and looks. AWD and lightning fast acceleration and solid braking... man, I am in love!

Favorite Features

Seats, chassis controls, and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible turning radius, improve rims to avoid scuffing, better side view mirror views.

Turning ratio difficult in urban areas
By msl

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Should have taken some close U-turns on the test drive. With 18" wheels, it is almost impossible to perform a U-turn in city with 4 lane traffic. So concerned that I looked at moving back from AWD to a T-5 and with only 2,000 miles, the "book value" had decreased $14K from what I paid 3 months earlier. Fun to drive on highway, not in city.

Favorite Features

Blue interior, acceleration on highway

Suggested Improvements

turning ratio is a big issue, difficult to get in and out of car, still need to address turbo lag