2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
I Always Smile
By yoyoman on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

It'll be my one year anniversary with my R ... and I still smile everytime I turn the ignition :) Fast, good looks .... and sooo comfortable The car is a rocket on the highway ... and hugs corners like a dream. But what goes on with the squeeky brakes??

Tom's review
By tfklem on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I like this car. It is very safe and drives very smooth and is very comfortable to sit in.

Almost Perfect
By 30 Somethign on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Agree with reviewers who say that this is the one car you should have if you don't want to buy a Mercedes AMG and an SUV. Fantastically comfortable driver's feel behind the wheel, very responsive handling and superior sound from the stereo. Doubles as a family car but really fits in any circumstance.

Best Swedish car out there!
By s60smycar on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I absolutely love my new S60 T5! The seats are superb and the ergonomics are great. Plus, there's very few turbo lag!!!

no regrets
By lung doc on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the car for my wife. We had previously leased a 2001 volvo XC70 but wanted to downsize, as I drive a Honda Pilot (great vehicle). The dealer offered me the S60, black with sport and premium packages for 28 K (sticker was 35). I took it for a test drive and was impressed.

Great Car
By Mike J. on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ive had the car for about 4 months now. Simply put, the ride is great and the car has to be one of the fastest on the road. I put 93 octane each time i fill up and boy do I feel the power. The leather seats are very comfortable and provide tremendous back support (especially for my aching back).The mileage tacks on very quick, a little too quick?! The headlamps are high intensity and look very nice at night. My only complaint has to be those damn squeaky brakes!! Also, the gas mileage isnt too great, but since I am alwyas racing the engine, I figure its mostly a result of my crazy driving habits. Everyone who I show off my car to is impressed, get this car!

Great but not perfect
By ChampaignBlue on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Awesome value. Great blend of a high performance sedan and family truckster. Get the manual tranny. The car is awesome in the snow but do get some snow tires. This car will run with Audi/BMW/MB for less $. I love the variable suspension. Unlike an M3, it won't shake your teeth loose in daily commuting. I love the subtle exterior styling. I have had problems with brake squeal and have already had new brake pads (free). I have scuffed 3/4 of the rims at drive throughs. The radio is a bit too complex to operate. The clutch is a bit springy and engages a bit too high. It took a few weeks before I got used to the clutch.

Daddy needs some speed
By Santosrjr on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a performance sedan that can give me the thrill of high performance sport car, the safety of a family sedan and the advantage to drive it all seasons. I test drove the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, Jaguar X & S Type, Infiniti G35x, Lexus IS300 and BMW 330XI. I didnít have the opportunity to test drive the S60R however; I read all reviews on this vehicle and decided to take the chance on it. I brought the vehicle thru military sales and believe me; waiting for it was worth it. Excellent AWD handling, adjustable suspension, 6 speed, 300HP, comfortable seats, safety and good dry and wet road performance.

Excellent buy!
By Dave_n_Ruth on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

What can we say, we love our car! We would recommend this car to anyone who loves to drive and demands quality.

The Best Volvo Has To Offer
By R_Colavito on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is a joy to drive in all types of conditions. The AWD makes the car feel as if it's glued to the road. The low pressure turbo is very responvise in an extremely wide range of driving situations. The S60 is large enough to handle the "sedan" type tasks yet sporty enough to run with the best. Being one of the safest cars on the road the S60 provides one with a "feel safe" senation promted by the sturdy construction. All in all a real 10!!