2004 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (117 reviews )
I Always Smile
By yoyoman on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

It'll be my one year anniversary with my R ... and I still smile everytime I turn the ignition :) Fast, good looks .... and sooo comfortable The car is a rocket on the highway ... and hugs corners like a dream. But what goes on with the squeeky brakes??

Almost Perfect
By 30 Somethign on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Agree with reviewers who say that this is the one car you should have if you don't want to buy a Mercedes AMG and an SUV. Fantastically comfortable driver's feel behind the wheel, very responsive handling and superior sound from the stereo. Doubles as a family car but really fits in any circumstance.

Great Car
By Mike J. on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ive had the car for about 4 months now. Simply put, the ride is great and the car has to be one of the fastest on the road. I put 93 octane each time i fill up and boy do I feel the power. The leather seats are very comfortable and provide tremendous back support (especially for my aching back).The mileage tacks on very quick, a little too quick?! The headlamps are high intensity and look very nice at night. My only complaint has to be those damn squeaky brakes!! Also, the gas mileage isnt too great, but since I am alwyas racing the engine, I figure its mostly a result of my crazy driving habits. Everyone who I show off my car to is impressed, get this car!

Great but not perfect
By ChampaignBlue on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Awesome value. Great blend of a high performance sedan and family truckster. Get the manual tranny. The car is awesome in the snow but do get some snow tires. This car will run with Audi/BMW/MB for less $. I love the variable suspension. Unlike an M3, it won't shake your teeth loose in daily commuting. I love the subtle exterior styling. I have had problems with brake squeal and have already had new brake pads (free). I have scuffed 3/4 of the rims at drive throughs. The radio is a bit too complex to operate. The clutch is a bit springy and engages a bit too high. It took a few weeks before I got used to the clutch.

Daddy needs some speed
By Santosrjr on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a performance sedan that can give me the thrill of high performance sport car, the safety of a family sedan and the advantage to drive it all seasons. I test drove the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, Jaguar X & S Type, Infiniti G35x, Lexus IS300 and BMW 330XI. I didnít have the opportunity to test drive the S60R however; I read all reviews on this vehicle and decided to take the chance on it. I brought the vehicle thru military sales and believe me; waiting for it was worth it. Excellent AWD handling, adjustable suspension, 6 speed, 300HP, comfortable seats, safety and good dry and wet road performance.

Excellent buy!
By Dave_n_Ruth on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

What can we say, we love our car! We would recommend this car to anyone who loves to drive and demands quality.

Practically Fun!
By cade8 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Build quality is much better than the 01 model I had sold. The power feels great and the clutch is not as bad as I have read in the car magazines. The engine feels smooth to me up and the car is deceptively fast...was touching 100 while passing a row of trucks without realizing it. The ride in sport mode is also better than I expected. Had the opportunity to run with (blow by) a 330i with sport package...looking forward to the snow with all-season tires!

Great daily driver for the enthusiast
By gpolitis on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have really enjoyed the experience of owning this vehicle. Excellent power, no torque steer, AWD stability when pushed in corners, great sound system, etc. The overall "experience" has been excellent. I've put a lot more miles on this car than I expected.

2004 S60R AWD Manual
By Jackseth on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent AWD handling. 6speed shifts well. Launching car from stop is tricky, as the clutch engages at the top end and is very 'springy'. Minimal turbo lag. Lots of engine noise at high RPM. On the mountain roads, at speed, this car turns into a beast. Very fast, very agile. The upper limits of this car are beyond most drivers.

S60 R Review
By drapolas on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a performance sedan for quite some time, and decided to test drive the S60 R just as a joke. After driving it, and learning more about the amazing technology features on board, I couldn't stop talking about it. I usually prefer German and Japanese cars, and I test drove the BMW 330 xi, the Audi A4 3.0, the new S4, and the infiniti G35 coupe. It took me 6 months to finally convince myself that the S60 R was just a better overall package of performance and practicality. It just provide the best of all comfort, performance, fun with the best seats in the automotive industry. The engine is a marvel particularly with the 6 Speed Manual.