2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Very Nice Car
By Bruce W. on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have driven my 2004 s60 2.5T for just over a month and I really like this car. I have not had any problems with the S60 and I am very happy with the soild fell I get while driving the car. I traded a 1998 S70 and it did ride as smoothly , nor did it have as much power and firm handling. I only have a 1 year old who rides in the back in a car seat, so the lack of rear leg room won't be a problem for years to come.

DON
By none123 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The second day I owned the car I got stuck! Volvo has still not found the problem (2 months later). Certainly, things like car trouble will happen. But the truly concerning issue is the TERRIBLE customer service I have received from the dealership. (Another interesting defect I found was that the interior lights dim when the hazard warning lights flash...good luck looking at map while you are stopped by the side of the road.) My advice...don't make the same mistake I made. Spend a little more and buy a Mercedes.

An Outstanding Experience
By Chicklett on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am driving a premium pkg. option dark blue, black leather interior. It is a fabulous ride, my first volvo and I am hooked ! The car is extremely fun to drive with a lot of zip. The turbo engine option was a good choice for me. This is Not a family car unless you have babies. The back seat is very cramped especiaklly if there are two regular sized adults sitting in the front. The wagon would be a better option. The sound system is superb and I am very impressed with the resale values.

Beyond my expectations for an Automobile
By Michael Reeves on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just picked it up last night. All I can say is Wow! Its a great car. it has all the power I desire in a sedan, and is so smooth. And the leather sport seats are so comfortable. And did I mention how nice it looks. I love that fact that it doesn't look like all of the other sedans out there and has its own original styling.

More fun than I expected...
By AMD on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After many weeks of test driving cars, I finally returned to my favorite Vovlo dealership to test drive a 2004 S60. As a former S40 owner, I was quite skeptical, since I had some mechanical issues with the car and the scheduled maintenance was expensive. I was trying to decide between the Volvo S60, the Audi A4, the new Acura TSX and a 2002 BMW 325i. I had tested the 2003 S60 and found it to be a little sluggish, but the 2004 was much peppier. I also like the small changes to the interior and, of course, the free scheduled maintenance. It's a fun, safe, solid car. Also, after wrangling with the dealership, I bought mine for just under invoice....

Volve S60 2.5T
By JerryJ on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just moved from a Saab convertible and into a four door sedan S60 2.5T. Being in real estate, the car is just the right size for me and so far I'm enjoying this car more than I thought I would. I agree with one other post, there needs to be an inside trunk latch and the standard stereo could have a better quality sound to it. If Volvo is going to build in the middle speaker for the Bose system, then install it from the factory... I think most people would pay for it. My car is silver with sand leather... a beautiful combination and a real head- turner. The bi-xenon headlamps are very cool too!

Volvo: True to its Mission
By mickeyalso on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Volvo has produced an excellent car in the S60 T5. It has performance, reliability, looks, safety, and value in a European sedan. Furthermore, our dealer treats us like royalty when we come in for service. We have had various other luxury makes (including a BMW M3) and they do not compare to our Volvo experience. Still I do love our 2002 Z06.

This car is a sleeper
By Ryeman on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am so glad we looked at the S60 when evaluating our car choices. I really did like the Infiniti G35, which has all the rave reviews, but after driving this car for a while, I don't think I gave up anything for the Volvo. With the huge factory incentives they were offering, it was too hard to pass up and I'm glad I didn't. There will be plenty of G35's crusing around town, but I save a few grand and got a car that is a bit more distinctive. I think the car is a sleeper in the marketplace.

My Second Volvo
By chancellor on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second Volvo, going from a 2000 S70 to a 2004 S60 2.5T. The turbo makes this a fast, fun to drive, sporty car. The premium and sport packages provide a high-end feel and a solid drive. It's admittedly not as roomy or comfortable as the S70, but the ride is substantially improved. The stereo is also excellent. While it's probably not the fastest car on the road (I test drove an Infiniti G35 that was superior in speed and handling), it's fast enough and has enough of a luxury feel to rate the car highly.

Great car
By Davenick on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great all around car. Extremely versitile, practical, safe and great to drive. Feels and drives solidly/