2000 Volkswagen Jetta 2.8L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Dream car turned money pit

2000 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS VR6 Sedan (2.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Dream car turned money pit
By Krystyna on

2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new with 12 miles on it. The car ran great for the 1st 3 years. My problem 1st started with an o2 sensor that was replaced in the 1st year of ownership-and my cup holder was replaced twice and the 3rd one broke but was not covered by the warranty. My glove box handle also broke off not to mention the arm rest broke. Then in '04 the j-joint snapped and caused the steering to fail. '05 I had to replace a cracked oil pan. Then in '08 the radiator blew ($500.00). Then the timing belt fell off, smashed the power steering pumu and wrapped around the tension arm ($750.00 w/o a new $350.00 tension arm) I've had 2 batteries, re-replaced the 02 sensor and today my car won't start.

Favorite Features

the design inside and out

Suggested Improvements

I suggest VW take a look at Toyota's and Hondas. I could improve my car by driving it off a cliff. $2000.00 in repairs in less than a year on a 9 year old car??? They could really work on the interior tho', considering everything broke-including my electrical clock.