Fun, but not Fun
By NL on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I've been for service ten times already in five months. Granted, everything is covered under warranty, but the hassle of coming in for burnt out LED's, airbag lights, wind noise, ticking sounds, immobilizer malfunctions, radio, squeaks and rattles (and I mean a lot!)... etc is really annoying. Also, I never imagined that a car like this would have so many design quirks. I can't name them all, I only have 250 words left. To paraphrase, you'll waste a lot of gas, a lot of tires, a lot of windshield washer fluid, a lot of your time and a lot of your money to fix problems. When I first received my car I had two scratches on the door and center console, and glue all over the inside of the roof.
Favorite Features
When running well it is very smooth. It has a good sound system and all of the buttons are intuitive.
Suggested Improvements
I would recommend against getting the iPod adapter for the car. The tracks will not show the name of the song and searching for music doesn't exist. This is a very poor execution on functionality. A little more care in quality control would be nice.