2006 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Luxury Fast!

2006 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Luxury Fast!
By mes70 on

2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded up from the Mark IV GTI to this fantastic car. In every way it's an improvement over the previous generation. I can't recommend this car highly enough. It feels like I'm driving a $30,000+ car. It has a buttery engine, super torque, and high quality refinement in the cabin. Hearing the engine pulse through the interior is a true highlight, as is the exhaust note. When you're not gunning it, the interior is so quiet. It has very little road noise. It's truly an escape after a hard day at work. For those that want some exciting get up and go with a refined, grown-up, classy interior, this is it. It gets my highest recommendation. Get in touch with your Fast.

What a steering wheel! DSG! Engine! Handling! Plaid seats! Dash! Satellite radio! Grown-up refinement and performance under $30,000. This car has NO squeaks to speak of either, 2,500 miles in. I love this car. Test drive and you'll understand...

It does not have a great radio by any stretch of the imagination. There is no aux jack for an MP3 player, although I understand VW dealers can install an MP3 interface for about $140. That's it. Overall, this is as perfect a car as I've ever owned.