2014 Avalon Touring.
By jimdrew on
2014 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Have owned a 2014 Avalon Touring for about 3 Month's now. I owned a 2012 Camry SE V6 and it was awesome. I feel in love with the new design of the Avalon in 2013. When I was able to trade out even and not upside down on Camry I did. Yes, I had to go to more than one dealer to make the deal but finally made it work. My 2012 Camry was $26K with all the toys and the 2014 Avalon Touring was $33K plus tax and tag. For a $7K difference it was an absolute steal. The ride is much better than the Camry. I love the interior design too.. wow, upscale all the way. Quick of the line and a great vehicle to drive on the Turn Pike.. I am extremely pleased. The Edmund's figures were on the money
Favorite Features
I love the outside design. The interior is truly upscale. I have driven the Lexus and this car is every bit as plush. Ok so what are my favorite features: 1. Exterior Design. 2. Interior Design. 3. V6 engine. 4. Price.
Suggested Improvements
A front facing camera to give you a view of the front of the car. You can't see the hood of the car...
By jury1
on 04/05/14 04:26 AM (PDT)

We had a 2013 Buick Lacrosse Leather that a had a 2 year prepaid lease through Ally. We were in an accident, no one was injured and the car was totaled. We were going to just replace the vehicle. My wife enjoyed how the Avalon drove versus the Lacrosse and I believe the old stigma of "Buick" hurt the brand with her. Toyota should realize the following in comparing the vehicles 1. Driving the Avalon Touring is better. 2. The trunk is 3cubic feet larger than the Lacrosse. The things to think about. 1. The rear seat does not fold down. 2. If leasing, the gap insurance is $895 vs Ally included. 3. Onstar which helped enormously in the accident is included with Buick for 2 years saving $720 over 2 years 4. XM radio is included for 2 years savings $720 5.Remote start utilizing iPhone and diagnostics included. The device is a 3rd party via Toyota at $800 and $30 per month afterwards. 6. The Buick included heads up display an additional safety feature. 7. The Navigation and radio features are redundant in the dash, in the steering wheel display and Heads up display. 8. The navigation system is based off of Onstar, the Avalon is based off your data plan which is an additional cost. 9. The voice activation and recognition system is of poor quality and would not utilize it. 10. There is not a push to talk button on the XLE model $32k, you must purchase the touring and Entune to have hands free calling. $795 option. 11. The sunroof is small versus the panoramic sunroofs offered by competition. The dealership had to heavily discount the Touring model to come to terms with the lack of technology and standard features from the competition.