2009 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Read the book first, then tell

2009 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

XL Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Read the book first, then tell story
By C Hortman on

2009 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am disappointed in their flagship. It has lots of wind noise. The DRONE of the tires is very prevalent. The driving position is the worst. I'm 6.0, the seats are uncomfortable and very hard. Not a lot of leg room for the driver. COMFORT and AVALON are never USED in the same sentence!!! This car is 95% Camry. A factory employee told me, they don't want you to be satisfied. WHY? So they can sell you a Lexus. Transmission 2nd gear jerks every time it shifts, it won't shift down when it needs too. The factory puts one coat on the bottom of the car for sound reduction, rust. They started out putting 5 coats. It is all about saving $$$ at the consumer's expense. The car is reliable, BUT!!!

Reliability but no comfort. I sit down 100% of the time. Get rid of the hard trashy cheap seats.

Better driving position, larger more comfortable seats. This car is noisy, wind and tire noise. Transmission needs lots of work. Poor head lights and radio. Put seat memory on base model after you put in good seats that are comfortable.