Used 2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid

Green Line 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

No problems ever
By bobv11

2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Fifty thousand miles and never a problem. Gets routine maintenance as directed in the manual. My lifetime average for both city and highway driving is 24.5MPG. Great for a SUV!

Favorite Features

This car has been one of my favorite cars. I mostly drive it in the city, but have taken it on long and short trips. I love the hybrid features, such as shutting down the engine at stops and battery-assisted acceleration. height adjusting drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

This model and brand is out of production.

Problems
By warren smith

2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

The batteries for the elec eng have been replaced 2 times check eng light will go on after only a few miles after leaving the dealer when it has been reset gas cap has been replaced 2 times has been in for repairs 4 days after arriving in PA from Fl in July and now the ch eng light is back on will be returning to PA next wk for CT have a 3rd appointment with dealer to fix I hope I get 36 miles to a gal using cruise control at 65 and under when all is working I would suggest any one buying a hybrid car to get the extended warranty as I did

Not a bad purchase
By Kerrin324

2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased this SUV having 3 large dogs. I keep the back seat folded down 90% of the time, and it fits them perfectly. It has been a great car for us, and I would definitely recommend it. Only disappointment which I have seen noted in numerous places is the rotors have been resurfaced 2 times due to warping(should have been replaced since it was under warranty at only 23,000 miles), but Saturn said they had certain "steps" they have to take in order to actually get you a new set. I recommend actually watching them put them on so you know they didn't "resurface" them!

Favorite Features

OnStar, XM, sunroof, heated leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests are very uncomfortable, and kind of cheesy- also needs a power passenger seat!

A great car!
By Lynn Hrenko

2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This is probably my most favorite car since I started driving 44 years ago! The gas mileage is great as well as the comfort. It is probably the most inexpensive hybrid vehicle on the market. I would buy another if I were doing it today.

Favorite Features

Love the heated seats and the flexibility of the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer that it have a spare tire

Get a load of that VUE
By Robert

2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I'm more about bells-and-whistles than nuts-and-bolts, but this is a very nice ride. After 17 months, I get 28-29mpg, though I just took a 400-mile trip on far less than a tank of gas (I average 410-430mpt, but this time I got over 450). As expected, mpg drops in the dead of winter and summer, with extra heater/AC use. Inside layout is easy, and takes only a minor getting used to (I no longer try to set the cruise control on the steering wheel and end up changing the radio station). Visibility and cargo capacity are quite good. Comfy seats, OnStar and XM are awesome. A couple of minor computer issues, resolved by dealer. And that engine turnoff at stoplights still freaks out passengers.

Favorite Features

XM, cruise control, OnStar, heater/AC effective quickly

Suggested Improvements

You might put some more details in the owner's manual, for things like resetting the oil life. And I do get this "PING!!" from time to time about 3 minutes after turning off the engine. Don't know why.