2000 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Excellent Car!
By Buster on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Excellent car for the person who loves performance (to include high speed autobahn style driving) but also hates to hear their adult friends groan at being stuck in the back during a road trip. This car has great interior room and more trunk space than BMW. The engine is extreemly strong although if you're looking for a stoplight racer - get a Mustang. If your looking for a car that makes tight curves and highway miles a blast - this is it.

First time Saab man
By apb on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Good, solid road car. Good handling and stability in all road conditions. 5 speed is fun to drive, but the turbo makes the whole car, it gets you to 80 in no time at all. Best interior feature is the cargo space. You would not believe how much stuff you can put into this hatchback!

...sad to return car to Saab
By yml on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

13 times in shop in 25 months of ownership. Worst experience ever with a new car -- replaced transmission, water pump, power ant., a/c compressor and hoses 4 times, windows leaked, and on and on... Saab USA finally paid me to return the car. Even with all these problems, it was the most enjoyable car to drive and haul my family and stuff.

A car for snow
By Ken Jensen on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Winter in our part of Canada lasts from November to March. The road handling of the front wheel drive Saab is wonderful. Year round, this Saab spends half its life on secondary highways and gravel. At 30 months it has gone 75,000 km (47,000 miles). It has performed flawlessly. The only servicing has been oil changes.

The best choice
By 2000ATL_Viggen on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Bought used because I can't afford new. Drove all the competitors; BMW 330, Lexus IS, Volvo C-70, Mercedes. This car is for the driver who does not stay in the status quo lane. The Viggen's handling is great. Front wheel drive takes some getting used to. Torque steer? Educate yourself about what torque steer really is. This car doesn't suffer from it. There's a little turbo lag but when you finally adjust to the clutch it's minor. I love the quirkiness of the Saab. Allows me to break out of the norm (and blow away the Beamers).

Great car, rims and tires suck!
By Risalaw on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Solid car BUT: The window buttons are in the worst, most uncomfortable place to get to. But thats minor compared to the tire and rim problem. I am on my second new rim, and six new tires. THIS IS NOT A CAR FOR NYC! I write this now, because at first i thought it was just my fiance or my driving. then I thought it was bad luck, then i thought it was the tire company, until finally a letter arrives today that there is a class action lawsuit for all those saab owners who have rims like a tin can and are going through tires like underwear! So, if you are going to buy this car new, do whatever you have to to put after market steel 15 inch rims with new tires and then you'll have a solid car.

Great speed, great space and great price
By surroundedbybmwandvw on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

At 6'4" there aren't too many cars I can be comforatable in. The Saab 93 fits me fine. The cargo space is unmatched. I simply can not fit in any 3 series BMW and Audi's are too plentiful in my area. I've always loved the uniqueness of a SAAB and the 93 delivers. The turbo 185 is perfect - not slow, but fast enough to have some fun. The leather in the car is top quality as well.

Sky's Experience
By skymason on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-3 SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Great Car in every way.

I love this car !!!
By ACS on 02/25/02 23:51 PM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen Turbo 2dr Convertible

This care is great! I'd very much like to upgrade to a Viggen when my lease is up on this car. For those of you who like Saab's - this is the car for you.