2003 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (65 reviews )
good evey day car
By Mondrakus Harper on 11/17/05 01:40 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving the sunfire. I gives a sporty look and perform really good when your trying to pass. Its a good car for the price. no more than 12,000 for it thoug.

2003 PONTIAC SUNFIRE
By TOM NIEZNAY on 10/30/05 19:18 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my sunfire because it is great on gas and for a 4 cylinder engine it has a lot of power. The sporty appearance is great and it has a roomy trunk. The sound system with cd player is awesome. The automatic transmission shifts really smoothly. Best thing about GM cars is the transmission.

Love my Sunfire
By Emily on 04/02/05 06:45 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Sunfire! I think that it is so much cooler looking than the Honda Civics that the rest of the college kids are driving around my home. The only complaint I have is that there is too much lumbar in the seats and they cannot be adjusted! When I have to take it from TN to MI my back is killing me by the time we get there. But, it still does the trip like a charm. I only have to fill it up twice for the 10 hour drive. I also wish that it was offered with a V6 engine.

Sunfire - Great car, fun to drive
By arf on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2003 Sunfire for my wife to use for her daily commute to work - 80 miles a day round trip. With 40,000 miles in less than two years it has run like a top the whole way. No mechanical reapirs have been necessary. It is driven 90% highway miles and gets from 31 to 33 miles to the gallon consitantly.

ECOTEC Sunfire 03
By VLAD on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After my 98 Neon got stolen (which is kind of weird thing to happen. Who seals Neons?) I almost had to buy this car. It's fun to drive, good accleration and alright looking exterior. I smoked my friend's Chrysler Sebring! :D I got it with Cavalier LS Sport chrome rims, which improved handling. Rear end sucks. It looks ugly (maybe if they had rear spoiler bigger and brought out a little bit more, that would help I guess)

DONT BUY GM
By dontbuyGM on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had my car less than 6 months and it started falling apart. VERY POOR quality car. The paint is peeling off all over. Front end of car is messed up, I've been told it was more than likely damaged at the factory. ****GM mechanics SUCK!! I have had 6 dashes, 4 left panels, 3 right panels, 3 consoles, and the stereo replaced!! ALL because the "GM CERTIFIED MR GOODWRENCH MECHANICS" are careless when they work on my car!!! And guess what GM customer service does NOT care I have called numerous times!! BEWARE OF HOW FAST THIS CAR CAN FALL APART!!! BUY A FORD INSTEAD!! I WISH I HAD!!!!!

Pontiac Headlight Problems
By smithjonathond on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lemon...I have continuous headlight problems.

Sunfire 2003!!!
By Sunfire Goddess on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. The Sunfire is the coolest looking car on the market today. I love the radio, the seats, the performance. I feel safer in this car than I did in my Dodge Neon (1998 model). I wish that people would not give this car such a hard time. It is a great car for a great price. The only thing that I may not be happy with about this car is that it is hard to open the driver's visor without messing up the rearview mirror.

My Review
By bizich2484 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a love-hate relationship with this car. I've only owned it for a year and have had to bring it back to the dealership 6 times to get various parts fixed. I used to drive a Bonneville and I really miss the V6 that I had in that car. I do not plan on owning this car for much longer, I spend a lot of time in my car and I need something bigger and has more features.

personal ownership
By cheryl k. on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this lil car right from the showroom floor-I love the look, I love the ride and as fas as being dependable well no problems getting to or from where I want to go an in comfort too, as well as being a blast to drive. I am used to driving old muscle cars with big healthy motors mind you. Heat when I need it and icy cold when it is 110 degrees outside...I would not trade it for anything else