Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Still love it
By miranda

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Olds brand new in 2001 and have put over 107,000 miles on it. I absolutely love my car. It handles great in all weather, with relatively low maintenance. I've put new tires and brakes on it but that's normal wear-and-tear for 107,000 miles. The duo heated-leather seats, moonroof and stability control are my "must-have's." I was doing a bit of looking around for a potential new car after I hit the 100,000 miles mark and cannot find anything close to my Olds for under $35,000. Last weekend I put 8 bags of mulch in the trunk with the door CLOSED. GM had a winner with the Intrigue but now is no more.

Heated leather seats, moonroof, stability control, power to pass at high speed.

The road noise is a bit loud, and the car is a bit of a gas hog (but it passes with power -- you can't have it both ways ;).

I love my Olds!
By phewop

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have liked Intrigues ever since I heard about them. I rode in one a few years ago and knew that I would get one as my first car. Even though I'm only 18, I think this is one of the best cars out there. It's fast, yet relaxing when cruising, comfortable (heated seats!!), it's got a good Bose sound system, and it handles well. Thus far, it's been good in the reliability area. I got it with 43,000 miles on it; now I have 59,000 miles.

Heated seats, 3.5L engine, Bose sound system, automatic climate control, moonroof, styling especially w/spoiler and chrome wheels, and stability control (PCS).

Bring Olds back, GM! Maybe give ti a better warranty or nicer interior trim (new GM vehicles) and better brakes (they stop fine, but wear FAST).

Olds Intrigue
By Narby

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Intrigue is the finest car I've ever owned. It just turned 150,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs I've had to pay for are an alternator and a brake job. I would have preferred that GM drop Buick rather than Oldsmobile.

The steering, suspension and seat warmers.

Can't think of a one.

Great car
By Griffin

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Oldsmobile. It was a natural replacement for my '97 Cutlass Supreme. You can definately feel the quality difference between the two cars. I chose a beautiful Ruby Red Metallic GL with every option available on that model. The 3.5L DOHC engine is so smooth you forget it's running! The car is very well-built and you can really notice the quality of the car.

I love the heated leather seats, sunroof, excellent stereo, headlight / taillight styling, smooth engine, effortless acceleration, and cornering lamps.

Add an "Off" button for the automatic headlights.

Love this car
By HollySw3

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am married with 3 kids. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer and suprisingly enough the back seat in the intrigue is wider than the Blazer's back seat. The car runs great and is very comfortable. I just got it but bought it used and to this day I have had no problems with it. It is a sharp car!

I like that is has a CD player and tape player. Also really like radio control on the steering wheel.

None.