2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Great Car No longer Made
By Pretz on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM finally gets one almost there but a bit too late. With a bit more refinement the Intrigue could have been a BMW competitor at much lower cost. Great handeling, plenty of power (3.5l 215hp)and problem free. Exterior styling a bit bland but still worth a look.

Pretty good car
By loriedave on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with it overall. Very smooth and reliable engine. Ride is firm but comfortable for us. We bought it with 31500 miles and put about 45000 on it in one year with no major hassles. We had to replace a power steering pump early on, and the cruise control module on the steering wheel. Our dealership was very good about the repairs.

great car
By lee on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Some fit & finish items are lacking, but overall a great car for the $$$, especially since olds is offering the 60,000 bumper-bumper warranty.

Great Car!
By Oldsowner on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Power when you need it! The car handles great, the traction control is one heck of a feature in the rain. Ride is smooth, fairly quiet compared to other cars in it's class. Pleanty of leg room both front and back and huge trunk space. The wrapped leather steering wheel, shifter, doors, and center console add a touch of class. Interior looks way better than the Intrigue's Grand Prix counterpart.

GM, give Olds a second chance!!!!!!!!!
By anderson brown on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is my first and maybe my last Olds because GM wants to dump the division like a hot potato! Its not perfect, but it is a good car for the money.

why my olds?
By hope2 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

great auto, better than my 1998 intrigue

Perfect Family Car
By Jsemanko on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ive had this car for a while put about 12000 miles on it so far. The oil life monitoring is a great money saver. The car gets good mileage for being as large as it is. My mother has an Aurora and it is tiny compared to my roomy Intrigue. I havent experienced any road noise that would be considered excesive. This car is way quieter than the honda I used to have. The PCS works great, especially in snow, its definetly worth gettin.

Much More Good Than Bad
By Hamburger on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice vehicle, but for one whose first new car, a 1956 Chevrolet Bel-Aire with all the bells and whistles, cost less than $3,000, it is expensive. That said, I've put more than 11,000 miles on this one in seven months and find few faults -- road noise is the major one of these -- and no major problems. On the other hand, the car is tight, reasonably comfortable, has plenty of moxie and constantly flirts with 30 mpg even with mountain driving. In summary, this car has much more good than bad going for it.

Worst car I have ever owned!!!
By legero8 on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Intrigue for 2 years and so far it has been in the shop a total of 8 times. 8 times! This is not including regular stuff like Oil changes.

2001 Olds Intrique GLS
By oldsdrvr on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been flawless from day one. Excellent traction in snow. More space for less money than other midsize cars. Heat and A/C work great. Quiet, smooth ride. Great fuel economy considering size of car.