Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Troubled Car
By Unknown

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my dont get me wrong.I've had it just over a year now and it's just now giving me problems.After looking up everything about the car,everyone seems to have the same issue.The car just wont start.I have no clue why and no one else seems to know either.If that issue was resolved it would be great.So if anyone knows please post it.Other than that I love the speed of the car,great get-up.

Radio,seat warmers,great speed

To have better motors for the power windows and to have a recall on the ones that won't start for some odd reason.

Worst Car Ever
By Annoyed Customer

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car ever made! This is my first vehicle, and everything that could go wrong with a car has gone wrong with this one. I bought it and then 3 months later had to replace the engine. 3 months after that had to replace the struts, which by the way cost almost 300 each! Now all the lights are on, on the dash. The signals do not work anymore. And the car started randomly shutting off while you are driving! Most of the time you try to start it and it acts like it has a dead battery. And I have never seen rust problems like this before! This is the worst car ever, will never never never buy a intrigue ever again! Stay away from these cars!

Nothing I like on this car at all!

Rust, Engine, Lights, Signals, Computer, Lets just say mostly everything!

Great car for the money!
By lynziee

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and still going. This car just wont die. I've put over 150,000 miles on this car myself and have never replaced more than the tires and oil filter. Granted, the turn signals and gas gage are no longer working. Almost every interior dash light is on, and the steering seems to be going out....the engine just keeps on running! I wrote this car off about 50,000 miles ago but nope, she's still kicking. Also, still gets aroun 28-30 miles to the gallon. Have to keep track by hand no so I dont run out out gas but hey, she doesnt owe me anything at this point.

body shape, car is large but handles like a much smaller sedan.

who cares now....

Not your Granpa's Olds!!!
By papanetworkpro

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm only the second-owner of this great medium-size family sedan. It was clean- quick and quiet then, and still is. We consistently got 33mpg on the road to KY. It's easy to park and drive...has fewer blind spots than the Lexus we're buying. Great sound system...and lot's of trunk space.

Split rear seats allowed me to haul "stuff" from Home Depot. I really enjoyed the sound system, and sporty steering.

Leather seats would be an improvement...and a little more power when passing.

Overall a good car
By navyfire

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 2 years and was very pleased with it. I bought it with 60k and it was mostly trouble free except for a few minor problems: The check engine light came on shortly after I bought it, a check indicated a problem with the "secondary air injection system." The front suspension developed a loose feeling and vibrated a lot during braking. The ignition developed an issue where it wouldn't read the security code for the key and disable the engine. This was the most irritating problem the car had and often left me stranded. Overall, after 98k was put on it, I would definitely buy another.

Sleek design, powerful and refined DOHC engine unique to Oldsmobile, cornering lamps, sporty, but not in-your-face brash like the Grand Prix

Supercharged version?