2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Review: Fun car, but many problems

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Review

3.5 Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Fun car, but many problems
By Aurorakoth on

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is still fun to drive 3 years after I bought it. It gets looks quite often as it is almost one of a kind in my town. I actually seen another black one on the highway and the couple in that car waved in suprise. On the other hand, the reliability of this car has been awful. I bought it with 26,000 miles. I've had the water pump, secondary air pump, front end parts, stearing parts, and at 74,600 miles, right before the warranty expired, the transmission went out. The car has not been the same since. It shifts hard around 40 mph and the dealerships have tried to fix it, but have not succeded. I think it has to do with the O.D. Besides the expensive repairs, this is a great car.

Looks: sharp lines, real wood interior, nice looking engine compartment, pretty powerful feel, and not too soft not too hard suspension.

I would have suggested to Oldsmobile to put more quality in their parts, but the company is no more. This may be why. Too many problems? I will miss Oldsmobile. The cars did look nice.