Great Car, BUT...
By nmorrisasu on
2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Iíve owned many Maximas and all were good cars (94, 97, 98, 2002). But this one is the best Maxima yet! However, with all that there is a down side with this car. As was the case with my old 2002 MAX, this one seems not to have a good sense of direction. The steering doesnít stay straight and tends to wonder around left-right based on the road crown and irregularities. There was also a strong pull to the right that was partially fixed by the dealer swapping the wheels from left to right sides. If I knew that the 09 would have a similar steering issues as my old 2002, I would have gone for a different car. Other than that, I have no complaint so far (5K miles).
Favorite Features
1. Great engine. 2. Nav 3. XM radio 4. Comfortable seats 5. Fast, but the #1 implies that 6. Paddle shifters 7. Great iPod integration 8. Good gas mileage for a 290HP car
Suggested Improvements
1. Fix the imprecise steering, torque steer. 2. Add folding back seats to the sports package model. 3. Support iPod video playback 4. Fix sunroof noise (when open). The 2002 model had a much quieter sunroof.