2000 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: What's Wrong with Nissan

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

What's Wrong with Nissan
By WhyMe on

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I got a great deal on this car and I guess I know why. Being a mechanic, I can tell you these cars have problems not worth fixing. On the 2000-2003 Maxima, the computers give faulty signals saying sensors aren't functioning properly. After manually checking each sensor to determine that the mass-airflow sensor needed to be replaced and not the O2 sensors, I replaced that. In addition, the O2 and cooling sensors will go and they're $200 each for parts and there are 12 total (6 cooling, 6 O2). And that won't fix it. I've now ran all electrical/computer test and the only way to fix it is to take parts off one that runs and put them on mine. Imagine the cost for a non mechanic.

I love the speed, handling, and the design. Was a great car until it started acting up.

Drop the prices on the parts. They sold a less than par car this time and they're not standing behind their product. A respectable company would at least make the parts affordable. Lost a customer this time.