Can you tell I like my car?
By ev_owner on
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)
So far I've only had one month of ownership. No regrets. My other vehicle has been used just a few times since buying this one. There is enough torque/acceleration to pull away from the crowd at traffic lights if one wanted to. The comfort is not perfect for all day driving, but for the hour max that the car would be driven, it's adequate. The initial cost may be higher compared to other compact cars, but the eventual total cost of ownership is calculated to be lower. (Pay a little more up front for greater benefits down the road.) The vehicle is very stable since the wheels are located at the corners.
Favorite Features
It's relaxing when driving down the road and not having to listen to exhaust. The car is spartan and since the extra weight would only serve to limit the vehicle range, that's a good thing. I like the three driving/braking modes and find myself trying to beat the estimated driving range. Since my commute to work is only two miles, I like not worrying about an engine needing to get to full operating temperature. At 6'3" the tall roofline is welcome and I have no feeling of being cramped at all.
Suggested Improvements
Maybe in time something will come to mind. Right now I'm enjoying the honeymoon and hoping the novelty doesn't wear off. The only thing Mitsubishi should do different is advertise the heck out of this thing and spread the word that it is out there and their dealers are ready for the target audience.