2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Review: Most Excellent!

2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Review

GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Most Excellent!
By wpaoli on

2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The GLK is exactly what I was looking for. A lot of the SUV's out there today are nothing more than mini-vans designed to appeal to male drivers. That being said, I purchased the GLK for two reasons: performance and quality. The GLK moves; it's nimble, deceivingly quick (when in sport mode) and it holds corners very well. The paddle shifters are awesome! The exterior has very distinct, bold lines and the interior is luxury as it should be. If you have need for more cargo room than a sedan, but don't want sacrifice performance... the GLK is for you. Oh, and it's a Mercedes- German engineering. Need I say more?

Favorite Features

ECO Mode is a plus- great gas mileage for such a sporty vehicle. Speaking of sport, the GLK doesn't get it's due when it comes to performance; this crossover has balls. The interior is refined and you KNOW you're in a luxury vehicle. The base sound system is better than most premium systems in domestic models. Technology features such as Bluetooth, voice commands and navigation work flawlessly unlike a lot of the sketchy packages out there today. I've read a lot about road noise at higher speeds but I have yet to experience it. It's just a SOLID vehicle all around.

Suggested Improvements

A true AMG model with HP in excess of 350. Sunglasses holder and maybe more room in the dash. Xenon headlights as a standard option- at 45K for a well equipped model, Xenon lights are a must without having to purchase an extra package.