Sorry; Lincoln and Caddy
By kkakear on
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)
I wanted to replace my Jaguar X-type with a Lincoln MKZ or Caddy CTS. The CTS was cramped and the MKZ , the spiritual successor to the X-type, is a major letdown, showing its economy car roots. On a whim, I stopped into Mercedes dealer and drove the C300. The Quartz blue color is stunning: it makes the car. The seats and driving position are most comfortable, the ride just super smooth, the steering sharp and defined,and the technology unbelievable. Mercedes puts money into the structure, not the bells and whistles. It is the most relaxed drive ever, and the insurance is actually less than the Jaguar. I wanted to buy American, but the Mercedes is sooo good.
Favorite Features
Solid but soft ride. Beautiful style, all kinds of affordable accessories, comfortable seats, easily accessed technology, color choices not available on American cars, resale value, dealers who treat the car as an automobile, not just something to sell. And I just love that speedometer/info center.
Suggested Improvements
Just one thing: Parktronic should be standard when rear-view camera is not on the car! It's a beautiful car and I don't want to ruin that by backing into something.