Great Car with Disappointing MPG
By max55fisher on
2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
My wife and I find the car a joy to ride in and drive. The seats are especially supportive and comfortable and long road trips are a pleasure. The ride is smooth, the acceleration is powerful and makes merging with traffic, under any condition, a breeze. The cabin is very quite and there's plenty of room both front and rear. We are a bit disappointed with the mileage we've been getting, though. The car computer calculation differs by about 7-10% from what I calculate. We've been averaging 37-38 mpg for mixed city/highway driving. We were expecting better! Overall we thing it's a great car and we'd buy it again.
Favorite Features
We're used to Lincoln Town Cars, and Cadillac Sevilles, both of which provide a soft, pillowy, cloud like ride, and this car gives it to us. A high tech car is not something we wanted and we're more that satisified with the "Display Audio" and its tech features. Using it, thought, can be a bit distracting until you get used to it.
Suggested Improvements
More cabin storage space is a MUST. Except for the center console armrest, there is no convenient place to put things, expecially things that need to be immediately accessed (smart phone, personal notes, etc.) I find myself having to use the 2 front seat cup holders for that purpose.
By empoweredbc
on 06/13/13 22:41 PM (PDT)

The car is getting within 2 MPG of the EPA estimates and you're crying? Don't get a Ford hybrid, or you might go postal! If you are off 2 MPG, that tells me you can do better as a driver to get the 2 MPG. It's not the car.

By boseezy
on 06/10/13 14:26 PM (PDT)

I have the same car in Nebula Grey. I'm getting 35-36 according to the computer, probably 32-33 realistically. Would have bought the 350 if I knew that but it's not the end of the world.

By ralphs42
on 05/30/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

I have had two Toyota, Lexus Hybrids and found the computer reporting 5-10%, better mileage than actual by several tests computed the old fashioned and correct way. This needs to be exposed....it is all in the factory calibration. Maybe others are doing it too.?