2003 Honda Civic 1.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - How dealerships screw you out

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

How dealerships screw you out of $250
By cfgirl96 on

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I did my research and printed out the Edmund's price. The dealership surprisingly had no problems with selling it to me for that. However, In the finance office, they stubbornly tried to sell me extended warranties and then announced that they already installed an anti-left plan to the car in which they charged me $249. It probably cost them $49 to buy it from the company and 5 minutes to put those silly stickers on the 7 most stripped parts of the car. I was not in the mood to have them spend an hour to remove the stickers and in turn stratch or chip the paint, so I'm paying $4.50 more a month for something that I didn't need or want.

Favorite Features

The ride is smooth as a baby, I love the moon roof, and the v-tec helps with getting on the interstate.

Suggested Improvements

Factory installing rear spoilers on the vehicles for the EX model. Better sound system: more watts and subwoofers would be great. Also, power seats would help for more comfort.