Thunderbird Ride
By David F. Candelaria on
2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
My wife and I, who are in our early 50's were looking for a convertible for Sunday and getaway drives to the coast. We test drove several cars, all convertibles, a Crossfire SRT (330 h.p.), a Nissan 350 & a Vette. The Crossfire was simply too small. The Vette actually body swayed at high speeds. The Nissan was nice but too many on the road. The T-Bird was perfect! We got the premium package and it's a great ride with good road feel and more than enough power with 280 horses. It's a very comfortable ride and the Select Shift is good on curved roads. The stereo is great with three settings for top down, up and driver alone in car. Further, there's not too many on the road.
Favorite Features
The Select Shift, the power top and the the stereo. Also, the looks, if you look at the rear, the back looks like a 67 Alpha Romeo, the one in the movie The Graduate. The front end looks like a German art deco design. The interior is really comfortable with enough room to take long drives.
Suggested Improvements
A bit more power, the 2004 and 2005 put out 280 horses, it would be nice if it had 320 or more. I'm going to put in a supercharger when my warrant runs out. Perhaps a navigational system and a bit more information, like m.p.g., miles to empty and the normal stuff that even my '84 533 has as standard.