Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Most fun car we ever owned
By Jason

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Our 2003 Prem TB Hard Top is the most fun to drive its realy like having 3 cars when you put soft top up then Down and The Port hole Hard top on. Crack the window and listen to that sound of the 60's coming our of the great SC sound system and the exhaust pipes.

Favorite Features

the looks and drive

Suggested Improvements

Get a locking gas cap and light on the visor make-up mirror for the lady of my life.

Performance with Style
By Joe Cool

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the Lexus SC430 and the Ford Thunderbird I have purchased has surpassed it in both ride and performance. I shopped around and drove many convertibles but once I got into the Thunderbird it was easy to determine which vehicle I would be buying. Since I have purchased it I have been more pleased in all aspects that you would consider. It is one vehicle that once I brought it home, I haven't been sorry for spending a little more than planned with what I have received.

Favorite Features

All around performance. The get up and go would surprise the hot rod members with the old deep down get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

None at the time.

Performance with Style
By Joe Cool

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None at the time.

Ford
By Bud

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This Lemon breaks down about every 1,000 miles or so. Had it towed in twice this month--one time on the way back home from the dealership from its last repair. Frequent failures apparently due to the electrical system, factory installed stereo not wired in correctly, coils have failed twice, not what we expected for a "high- end" car.

Favorite Features

If quality is Job #1, Ford Fails.

Suggested Improvements

Add quality control to the system.

PCR
By Mike

Purchased The Pacific Coast Roadster limited Edition in May of 2004. Just driving down the road brings comments of 'nice car' or 'looks great'. But that's not the only reason to drive it, it's really a great comfortable ride, with plenty of power when needed. After travelling 300 miles on a trip (non- stop), I didn't feel all cramped or butt-weary on arrival. I love this car.