2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
My 007 bird
By kcpammy on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This was a special gift to me and I LOVE IT. I am always stopped and asked, What is it? It just purrs, has a quick pick-up and is just darn fun to drive. The top is very easy to remove, although it takes two people, but Ford planned really well with the stand that they provide. So far it all works very well.

From Benz to Bird.....
By Ed Herz on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I just finished getting a 1986 Mercedes 500 SL roadster restored. The Benz is now a really nice car, & a real attention getter. But my new Bird is just so much more comfortable, & two decades of progress have made the Bird my daily (& favorite) driver.

Finally got one
By bcubed3 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

It has a lot of power! Very responsive and the handling is excellent! Not as comfortable to the lower back after a reasonably long trip (over 2 hours)...But, all considered a GREAT and SWEET RIDE!

A++++
By JessieMgirl@aol.com on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

It's a sweet looking car with lots of personality!

Let Your Hair Down
By TxJinx on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fabulous Car with excellent Appeal! It drives remarkably well and is a pleasure to be behind the wheel. Everyone loves it! Best investment I've ever made.

Drives as sweet as it looks
By Marilyn on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car will be mine for a LONG time, I may buy new cars, but I will NEVER sell my t-bird, its in a CLASS of its own! Drives exceptional, interior (the two tone) is classy with a flare of modern, great pick up, sound system is second to none. Would like some trunck space, for the shopping sprees. Once your in te t-bird club you never leave.

Nothing Else Like It
By Ed Hicks on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I drove to Ohio on the fourth of July from Atlanta It was the best ride I have had In 30 years, the gas milege was unbeleivible the handeling was superd. I loved the way the car shifted It was like being In a stick shift I'm from the 50s and the 60s when there was real cars this T Bird could easly fit in. I Love It I hope Ford does not stop making this car In 2004 They have a good thing going don't blow It.

R-BIRD
By R.Venditti on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The car has very good power for getting in and out of trafic also passing on the hi-ways is a breeze(that is a pun).With the top down it is easy getting in and out of this car.My wife and I are in our 60's and we have a lot of fun driving around Cape Cod.I am not sorry for spending the money on this car.

poor design
By rich bison on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Hard to get in and out of when the hard top is on. Also the drivers seat should have more adjustments.

Tex's T-Bird
By Tex from LI on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The new Thunderbird is everything that you would expect it to be and more. As the Baech Boys sang, "it's fun, fun, fun." It has all of the elements of the original classic Thunderbirds and all of the modern safety and convienience of a modern luxuary car. All of this and unmistakeable style that doesn't look like anything else on the road. The only possible drawback is that you will be noticed everytime you drive it.