Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

"OUTSTANDING, APPEALING
By Sharon E. Osborn

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We own the 2003, Desert Sky-blue Hardtop. Fun to drive, we love the car. Have had many differnt Ford's during our driving lifetime. Still have a 72,A/C,351 Cleveland Eng, conv. red/white,outstanding to org. soft top. Both in our local parade this year. Hard to decide which one to drive! All models have their shorcomings, the T-Bird..not many.

Favorite Features

Removal hardtop. A new look when use, a new look, when not used. The Kiester- Heaters..great with the top down and a cool breeze blowing.

Suggested Improvements

Just keep it up Ford Designer's. We've had some poor years with Model(s) design. They all looked homogenized.

Day One Review
By MapleRidge

Drove the car about 100 miles with the top down in the Washington,DC suburbs. The car has great looks and styling. This car is fun to drive. The 280 horsepower from the 3.9L V8 engine gives plenty of power from both a standing start and when passing on the highway. The 17 inch V rated performance tires keep the car glued to the road.

Favorite Features

Performance and road feel in this car are excellent The leather seating provides a firm, comfortable ride for driver and passenger. The convertible top is easy to take down and the optional boot cover provides a seamless fit.

Suggested Improvements

At highway speeds (top down)the wind caused the back of the drivers seat to flutter. Removing the hardtopis tricky/ requires two adults. Persons over six ft tall are challenged to enter/exit the vehicle. Improved neck support from headrest that adjusted forward/rearward.

ford thunderbird's eye view
By wallace clark

I absolutely love my thunderbird. The handling is tremendous. It's a fun car to drive and it definately turns a lot of heads. I couldn't ask for more. My wife just didn't want a convertable and now I can't keep her out of it.

Favorite Features

the top is so easy to use and the facntastic get up is exhilariting

Suggested Improvements

a slightly larger trunk would greatly improve the overall car.

Awesome
By Dorian Callen

The new Ford Thunderbird is fantastic.I have been trying to decide upon a car for a year. I could not find anything that had style, class, power. Then a friend had mentioned the Thunderbird (I hadn't even considered it). I test drove one and bought it the next day. I couldn't turn it down. I loved it soo much.I didn't even take the hard top off to see the conv. side to the car. I love it.........

Favorite Features

The style..It is a beauty

Suggested Improvements

Hard top is heavy and it was not easy to get off the car (Have to use a tool which women like me do not like to use)

Buy American!!
By mblaauw

Nicest car I have ever owned or driven and yes I have owned foreign cars.

Favorite Features

Design and Styling. Color scheme.