2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2004 Thunderbird Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Sort Reviews by

A Fun Car to Drive
By Retiredbirdman

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The most exciting car I have ever own. It is really fun to drive. I would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling. Exterior Colors

Suggested Improvements

Improve Interior Improve overall workmanship

I love the power & handling of my new TH
By tunasnake

I LOVE THE POWER& HANDLING OF MY 2003. IT HANDLES AS WELL AS MY 1981 CORVETTE. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A THUNDERBIRD SINCE THE 1966 MODELS BUT ONLY UNTIL NOW HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO AFFORED!! THANK YOU FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

Frank's T'BIRD
By frank ditta

1)The T'Bird really handles 2)Fit and Finish is above Fords normal 3)The negitive is getting in and out of the car with the tops on .(Head Clearence (NG). 4)The car has plenty of power.

Favorite Features

Pick up and confort

Suggested Improvements

Head clearence with the top up.

A Step back in time
By Tennis ace

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The 2003 Ford Thunderbird is a joy to drive. The leg room in the driver's seat is quite comfortable even for a person over 6'2. An issue of importance since our last convertible did not have ample leg room. The ride is smooth and quiet. The retro look of the thunderbird makes the car.

T-Bird = a gift from heaven!
By guysfun

This card gains its superior ride from the Little Lincoln LS. The frame and drive train are exct Lincoln and that is why it is so good. The extra truck space and leg room come from the fact that the Lincoln LS is a 4 door car. Making a two door convertible from that plaform gave the design engineers lots of latitude. Stupid looking cheap plastic grill is this car's only problem. Too bad Ford didn't fire up more of the LS options like their mileage computer and other "free" features that are already built into the LS wiring harness.

Favorite Features

Comfort of ride but tight control in cornering on country roads. Stereo is great with CD player ... adequatly loud!

Suggested Improvements

Side pipes like the Cobra and Corvette of years past would be a nice touch -- with selectable muffler cutouts. An optional (aftermarket) billet straight bar grill we could change out to get rid of the anemic plastic.Upgrade Headlight plastic!

'03 Thunderbird
By slosoules66

I have waited 25 years for Ford to return with a two-seater Thunderbird. I've wanted one since I was in high school. This incarnation is a close as anyone could come to the original spirit and design, and still make it a modern car which I believe is fast becoming a collector's item. I enjoy this car immensely and would not trade it for the world. I hope that Ford reconsiders their plans to end production in '05.

2004 T Bird
By annrealtor

love this car

Favorite Features

love the conv.top...and having a hard top... hate taking the hard top off and putting it back on... but love the look

Suggested Improvements

would love to find a T Bird club in the South...

2004 T-Bird
By jag20

Great looking, A real head turner. Smooth driving, plenty of pick-up, corners great. Excellent sound quality in CD player. Am very happy with this buy.

Favorite Features

Dual tops, love the porthole in the hardtop

Our Toy
By NicBuc

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Our "toy" was bought on a whim. I, the wife, saw it out in front of the Ford Dealer's lot and fell in love with the beautiful car. I called my husband and told him about it and asked that he call and ask what the price was. When I got home from work, I asked him if he had called. He told me that he had not but that we would go look at it. When he saw it, he bagan to bargain with the dealer and we eventually took it home with us. I was so nervous that I came up with every excuse I could think of to disuade him from his decision to buy it. All of this was to no avail. We now get many, many envious looks from people. Oh, what fun it has been!

Favorite Features

I like the smooth way it handles taking curves with ease. It picks up speed in an instant.

Suggested Improvements

I can only think of one or two things that I wish that it had. One is the combination lock on the doors and the other is electronic seats with the built-in back support.

T-bird soars
By wilthefinn

From the minute I saw it at the SF auto show I knew I wanted one. I put 3K down and waited 8 months and when it was delivered to the dealer the sales mgr called me. He said the whole place was abuzz and I should come see why. As I drove up it was parked on Market Street and there was a crowd. Since that day this turquoise beauty has turned heads. People have come up and asked a zillion questions, some ask me for my card and laugh when they realize I don't sell cars. This thing sells itself. With or without the black hard top it's a delight to the senses.

Favorite Features

Removable hardtop, sound system. Interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Folding exterior mirrors.