2008 Ford Taurus X Consumer Review: This is a Ford?

2008 Ford Taurus X - Consumer Review

This is a Ford?
By Rob on

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have stayed away from American cars for the last 20 years. This car changed my mind after six test drives at 6 different dealers. I could not belive this was a Ford. It's not the best looking car on the road but it sure does it's job. I have 3 big kids. One of which is 6 ft 5. He fits! Plus we still have room for our stuff. Plus, we can take a friend and still fit. The ride is really nice and it has just enough power to move us a a decent speed. I was more than pleasantly surprised with the standard options. The price was fantastic and it feels like it's a well built car. No rattles, the doors close nicely, then engine sounds good. I can't belive this is a Ford.

Standard features. Room. Build quality. Comfort. Sirius radio, steering wheel controls.

The tranny can be a little slow to shift when you start out, but if you step on the gas hard enough, it goes. Fix that. I have heard people complain about gaps in the interior panels. I don't see it. It looks good in mine. Just like everyone else, better gas mileage would be good.