Used 2012 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Fusion saved my life!
By Nyarodhiambo Ragwar

2012 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first American car. Always drove Hondas. I was in a car accident couple weeks ago and I'm indebted to my Fusion. All the airbags deployed, every inch of the car was smashed in and the Fusion I had grown to love was a total loss, but I walked away with minor bruises. The car drove very well for the four years I owned it. My only complaint is cosmetic. I wish the seats were made of something more stain-proof. With kids, after a couple years, the interior started looking a little crummy. I'm ready for my next Ford though!

Oh My Aching Back!
By shawn

2012 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in early 2014. When I first had it, I fell in love with the Sirius radio (I actually used a plug and play radio for years until this one), and I had a Focus for four years prior. I thought this car would be an upgrade, but it has turned out to be the bane of my existence. Keep in mind, I don't have an ax to grind with Ford, as I've had an Escort before the Focus. I guess I've learned that I probably need a smaller car, however, it is more than that. I've had more issues with back pain than ever before, and I don't think this car has helped. I've tried to move the seat in every position, and still pain. I've also noticed than when I don't drive it for periods of time the pain begins to subside. Lately I've noticed that the visibility while driving is not good either; too many impediments, like the rear view mirror and the windscreen side posts (probably due to my incessant seat position moves). The only thing that I can say positive about the car is the MPG-it's pretty good for a car this size. It's too bad Ford had to squash it down so low to get this MPG. The seat seems to dip too low in the back, which creates no lumbar support and a heavy strain on the lower back in general. Now, I will say that I do use my lower back quite a lot, but I've come to the conclusion that the car does not help, as I've ridden in other cars that feel like heaven. My only advice is to people over five foot five, and that would be to never buy a Fusion. I hope i can sell mine 'cause I have seen several on the lots lately. Hmmm, wonder why? Good luck fixing this thing Ford!

RECALL
By Angie Clark

2012 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car but it kept cutting off for no reason....Come to find out it was a recall on my Throttle bottle...Took it back to dealership..Replace for free..Speedy service...i love it. Angie in Spring Texas

terrible shifter
By Dennymah

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car new, and now with 61,000 miles on it, the transmission is still the worse part of this car. I have not had any issues with the car other than the lousy shifting, sometimes feels like it is slipping transmission. When I first bought this car, the dealer service department told me that they get complaints all the time about the transmission. I recently test drove a 2013 Ford Escape, and it too had this lousy transmission so I didn't buy it. I have owned a lot of Ford's but this will be my last unless they get rid of this tranny.

Great road car.
By Buckbean

2012 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am 6' 240. Drive 1500 mile trips weekly every month. Often PA, WV, and TN interstate mountain driving. Fusion awesome road car for these long trips. Typically cruise at least 75 mph. Without cruise, going 90 before I know it. Handles great, even climbing and curvy mountain driving. Have never driven a luxury vehicle, so cannot honestly compare as far as road noise. Fusion seems very quiet to me. Have had noisy cars in past. On long trips simple solution is cotton in ears. At 80,000 miles, the worst I get on my trips is 32 mpg. Very roomy front and back. Huge trunk. Other than tires, and brakes, and religious oil changing, I've never had to put a penny into it. I am far from a techy, so its lack of all of these fancy cameras and computer screens and other such crap is only a plus to me. Best performing and most reliable road car I've driven.

• SUV