No Complaints after 6500 miles
By derickd81 on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Contemplated many cars before going with the Fiesta. Honda's Fit was a close second, but the Fiesta was much quieter at highway speed and gets better mileage. Took the Fiesta on a roadtrip from VA to ME last week, 2500 miles total mixed driving and got 39.3 mpg overall, A/C was almost always on too! Great mileage on backroads were I have gotten close to 50mpg! Front seats are comfortable even on 16hr trips! Back seats are fine for an hour or two, I'm 6'1" and don't mind. The auto trans is weird at slow speeds, but it is really a manual trans and shifts better than most people can shift a manual at low speeds, so with that perspective in mind it is fine, can't expect a slushbox-like shift!
Favorite Features
Great headroom. Great mileage. Quiet Cabin. Comfortable seats even after 16 hours. Interior surfaces are nice. Very fun to drive. iPod compatibility. 10,000 mile service intervals (though I switched to synthetic oil at 2,000 miles, it's a better option IMO) I think it looks great inside and out. Very solid build, the doors have a satisfying sound when you close them. Ergonomics are decent. Not to mention the price! Bought a SE auto hatchback for $16,300! That's $2k less than a Fit! So, it you can't tell, overall I'm quite pleased, but there is room for improvement of course.
Suggested Improvements
I trust that future versions of the automatic transmission will have better programming logic at both low and high speeds. I use the cruise + and - buttons on the steering wheel a lot, when speeding up it will downshift when it doesn't really need too, and I think that hurts fuel economy. I wish the back seats would fold down better, I know there isn't a lot of room to change that, but they don't fold flat, and getting the headrests off is a pain. For the first 2,000 miles I would have said it needs an armrest, but to be honest, know I don't miss it at all. SYNC is too convoluted for this Mac user, also syncing Bluetooth with my phone is hit or miss.